Prison: South Dakota
Incarcerated: 14 years, 3 months

that is great

12 years ago  #32
Level 29
Gang: THE UNION
Incarcerated: 13 years, 3 months

Originally posted by PsychoSteve Hey all, here are a few tips if you want to use the forums to sell or auction off one of your amenities.  I'm not trying to tell anyone how to play, but I see a lot of the same mistakes, and hear a lot of the same complaints.  If I miss anything, please post here.

General Info

• Use the marketplace forum only, you will get slammed for trying to sell your stuff anywhere else.
  • Use a descriptive Title (WTB = Want to Buy, WTS = Want to Sell, Auction = Auction) include the item you are buying, selling, or auctioning in the title.
  • If you are selling something that can commonly be found on the marketplace for less than 500k, just put it on the market, don't create a thread.  If you're concerned about getting mugged, set the price a little lower so it will sell quick, and immediately buy items.  The little bit of cash you miss will be more than made up for later.
  • Selling for paypal if you aren't leaving the game is generally frowned upon, but if you want to do it, make it clear that you are selling for real cash, not game cash or items.
  • If you want to sell something as opposed to auctioning it, make that clear.  It's best to name your own selling price.  Asking people to make you offers = auction.

Selling at Auctions

• Only take bids placed in your forum thread.  If for some reason, you decide to take private bids as well, post the private bid on the forum and give everyone there a chance to beat it first.  Having an auction go on for hours and then closing it with a private bid is a quick way to make yourself some enemies.
  • Set an end time (usually between 1 and 12 hours).  Do not leave auctions open for days.  If you set an end time, don't close it early, usually the best bids will come in at the end.
  • Don't bump more than once or twice.  If nobody is bidding, you've probably reached the high bid, or nobody wants what you're selling.
  • If you have a price that you won't sell below, start your auction at that price.  If you don't get any bidders, close it and try again later.  Prices do fluctuate, what seems crazy now, might not two weeks from now.
  • if you don't set a starting price, you need to sell for whatever the top bid is, do not ever just let the thread die or ignore mail's about it
  • If you're selling a rare item, make sure it's in your cell where people can see it.
Buying at Auctions

• Read ALL posts, ESPECIALLY the first one.  If the seller only wants items, don't bid with amenities or items they aren't asking for.
  • Never bid with items you don't have, can't afford, or can't get before the auction is over.
  • Don't place a bid and then delete or retract it because you found a better offer.  You placed your bid, honor it.
  • Know who you're dealing with.  A few simple searches can tell you a lot about who has scammed people.  If you don't know someone, ask your friends or gang leaders.

Originally posted by hanako I likes this...

Originally posted by woolley this should be a sticky good work

Originally posted by dmyster Wiki this

12 years ago  #33
Level 8
Prison: Louisiana
Incarcerated: 14 years, 9 months

Not going to Wiki, but I sticky'd it into the marketplace.

12 years ago  #34
Level 35
Gang: LIVE WIRE
Incarcerated: 13 years, 9 months

When Buying for paypal

-PP payment should to be sent as a payment for services before goods are sent out

This is how PP should be sold to protect you and the buyer. And lessen your chances of getting banned from a sell!

If you buy as a gift you can not dispute a claim You have been warned!

Click me for music!
12 years ago  #35
Level 34
Gang: The V_GUNs
Incarcerated: 14 years, 5 months

Originally posted by wormdogg10 When Buying for paypal

-PP payment should to be sent as a payment for services before goods are sent out

This is how PP should be sold to protect you and the buyer. And lessen your chances of getting banned from a sell!

If you buy as a gift you can not dispute a claim You have been warned!

12 years ago  #36
Level 8
Prison: Putnam
Incarcerated: 12 years, 10 months

this is good i'll remember this

12 years ago  #37
Level 1
Prison: New Jersey
Incarcerated: 12 years, 8 months

Thanks. That isreally good advice. No.1!

12 years ago  #38
Level 43
Gang: IC MobbLyfe
Incarcerated: 13 years, 3 months

another great guide tks steve

R.I.P BigLou 6/21/18 7:20 pm
10 years ago  #39
Level 1
Prison: New Jersey
Incarcerated: 10 years, 8 months

Only take bids placed in your forum thread. If for some reason, you decide to take private bids as well, post the private bid on the forum and give everyone there a chance to beat it first. Having an auction go on for hours and then closing it with a private bid is a quick way to make yourself some enemies.

10 years ago  #40
Level 5
Prison: San Quentin
Incarcerated: 10 years, 1 month

give me money i am poor.

Quick Reply

You are unable to reply to this thread