Item Title

Item Description

Bug in gaining xp?

14 years ago  #1
Level 19
Prison: South Dakota
Incarcerated: 14 years, 8 months

I have been only training since lvl 1. Only recently have I actually attacked and mugged someone.

I'd like to first point out that the experience ratio when you train isn't proportional to the number of points you train. It's more efficient to train with more point then less (at least it was when I never did anything else).

Secondly, as I said, I have been training and only training since lvl 1 so I immidiatly noticed it when there was something different with my XP. I'll use a recent example. I've been training with 21 points this lvl and was gaining between ~700-1000 xp per train. Now ever since I have mugged someone I'm receiving between ~800-1300. Never ever did my xp even reach 1200 before I had mugged.

I had also noticed this happen after my first raid in my lower lvls. My xp gain suddenly went up and average of 100-200 each time I trained.

What I am sure of:

- An increase in my experience when training after gaining experience in a different way.

- My XP gain eventually goes back to "normal"

What I'm not sure of:

- The exact reason why it increases; is it because I dramatically gained more XP while mugging or attacking or raiding then usual that my average XP gain went up? or is it only because I gained xp in a different way? or something else?

- I haven't noticed when exactly my XP gain goes back to "normal" but it just eventually does; after midnight's tick?after I lvl? lower stats training lowering my average gain?

I hope that this isn't just a coincidence  or a case of selective memory and that I'm not losing your time, maybe someone else can testify and confirm this?

14 years ago  #2
Level 19
Gang: Flying Squirrels
Prison: Louisiana
Incarcerated: 14 years, 10 months

I don't know the nitty gritty of xp gain regarding training and crimes just yet, but I'll test this myself out of curiosity and post here.

Blood. Blood everywhere. Everywhere, blood.
14 years ago  #3
Level 19

Training before crime (each training session earned me 43 stats):

- 1413 xp

- 1858 xp

- 1897 xp

- 1220 xp

- 1626 xp

- 1548 xp

Highest:1897 xp

Lowest:1220 xp

Average: 1593 xp

Training after mugging someone (mugging earned me 3043 xp)

- 1452 xp

- 1181 xp

- 1026 xp

- 1452 xp

- 1258 xp

- 1819 xp

Highest: 1819 xp

Lowest:1026 xp

Average: 1364 xp

---------------------------------------

There's obviously not enough info here to call this "scientific", but I'd argue that the system is merely random, and your stats just happened to lean enough after crimes to make you think something was up. I can perform this test again later, but I lack the funds to do any hardcore training right now.

Last edited by kingtommy 14 years ago

14 years ago  #4
Level 29
Gang: Evil Empire
Incarcerated: 15 years, 2 months

lol @ Tommy going all scientific... the system is random. EXP earned is based on a few things like your level, how much NRG you trained with, and naturally a random factor so it's not so methodical

14 years ago  #5
Level 19

If you look at my scientific reply there, you'll see that I figured it out. Way to steal my thunder there!

Quick Reply

You are unable to reply to this thread