Item Title

Item Description
This game is no longer supported. All play is at your own risk. X

Finally finished our kitchen remodel, here's what I learned about hiring a contractor

7 days ago  #1
Level 1
Status: offline
Prison: New Jersey
Incarcerated: 1 month, 7 days
Posts: 11

We wrapped up our kitchen remodel last month after what felt like forever, and I wanted to share some things because I know how stressful it is to find someone decent around here. We talked to four different companies before settling on one, and honestly the difference came down to how detailed their bid was and whether they actually listened to what we wanted instead of pushing their own design ideas. Our Home renovation and remodeling contractor in Palo Alto turned out to be patient with all my questions and even helped us figure out a workaround when we hit a surprise with the electrical panel. That said, it wasn't all smooth. The timeline slipped by about three weeks and the dust got everywhere despite the plastic barriers. If I had to do it again I'd probably move out for the worst part. Anyway happy to answer questions if anyone is in the middle of this. Just don't expect it to be cheap or fast, that's the reality around here.

 

Quick Reply

You are unable to reply to this thread