Item Title

Item Description

Keeping Players in the Game

4 years ago  #1
Level 16
Prison: South Dakota
Incarcerated: 5 years, 17 days

FWIW, not bitching here or whining.  I've not been done wrong or been dealt with unfairly.  I've been at this game for almost a year now and when one finally arrives at SD, you are pretty much helpless to the longer term and better developed players.  I get that.  But when the game allows one player to ride another to the point that he cannot even play in the game over a period of days, essentially just log on and see he's in the infirmary AGAIN, it pretty much approaches "what's the point?"  And then that same player's copy of "It" extends my tenure in the infirmary.  Essentially, at this point, I'm locked out of the game.  I've enjoyed it and WANT to play, but it has at this juncture become pointless.  So if you're wondering why the numbers for the game are declining.  perhaps you should consider things like this, things that keep players from participating in the game.  I'll check back in a day or two to see if there is any rational response to this other than the expected accusations of whining, which again, this is nothing more than feedback as to why people leave the game.  Not whining.  If I don't like it, which I don't right now, I'll leave.  I just thought somebody might give a flip about "why" people leave.  Thank you, and it was fun for a while...

Last edited by AlvanKarpas 4 years ago

4 years ago  #2
Level 32
Gang: TheVileAnimals
Incarcerated: 5 years, 4 months

look at the leader of your gang and u might notice why so many people hit you

4 years ago  #3
Level 16

Originally posted by heffoblaze420 look at the leader of your gang and u might notice why so many people hit you

Thank you... I'll make the change and see what happens, or if it makes a difference. Just want to play the game and right now I cannot.

Last edited by AlvanKarpas 4 years ago

4 years ago  #4
Level 29
Gang: Evil Empire
Prison: Louisiana
Incarcerated: 15 years, 1 month

Yeah, I would say if it's not your actions causing the heat, it may be those you're associated with. It's kind of like real life. The police can't protect you all the time, so don't go pissing off local hooligans.

4 years ago  #5
Level 16

Just gotta say that so many have come forward to fill me in on my associations and I thank everyone for their help, advice, and support. As I said, enjoy the hell out of the game. Sometimes we just don't understand where we've ended up, but thankfully we all get by with a little help from our friends. Much respect to those who've helped out and a big THANK YOU! I now understand why and adjusted course accordingly...

4 years ago  #6
Level 37
Gang: TartanArmy Crew
Prison: Arbour Hill
Incarcerated: 14 years, 2 months

keep Your head down until you make friends who won’t start shit train hard until you can retaliate there are cloaks in game and other amens that help in situations and remember there always more than 1 way to skin a cat you don’t have to be high level to effect others gameplay and just remember it is just a game

_
4 years ago  #7
Level 16

Again, thanks for the 'community' here at PB. Glad to be here playing a game that is simple enough to enjoy and complex enough to allow people to be people. Much respect to all who have helped me to better apprehend my circumstances and gameplay.

4 years ago  #8
Level 37
Gang: Evil Empire
Incarcerated: 13 years, 11 months

Originally posted by markdjdeans16 keep Your head down until you make friends who won’t start shit train hard until you can retaliate there are cloaks in game and other amens that help in situations and remember there always more than 1 way to skin a cat you don’t have to be high level to effect others gameplay and just remember it is just a game

Then after you put your head down, you have to hold marks pocket

3 years ago  #9
Level 16

I'll say it this way. Thank you for a great online game that is easy to understand and play. So if you think the rest of this is whining, you're wrong. Just stating things as I see them and you are free to ignore them or learn from them. Totally your choice. The fact remains there are so many parts of the game that keep you from playing it. Try to train so I'm better able to deal with the jerks in SD and end up in the infirmary for 24 minutes after one or two training rounds. Simply put, if you want people to stay in the game then the game needs to be designed to keep us playing, not leaving it because we're in the infirmary, isolation, or trying to recover from our shit being stolen. personally I think people are dropped into SD way too soon as the top tier really owns the rest of us. I'm getting dogged again, and maybe it's my fault, dunno. Not on the message boards and don't go around raiding and mugging active players so it's not like I knocked on a door that I couldn't close. Point is, I've hit that point of diminishing returns. And that is how the game is structured. Enjoyed for a year or so and I wish you all well. Thanks for the ride while it lasted, just know I was ready to keep riding if the game had room for me.

3 years ago  #10
Level 34
Gang: NOTORIOUS
Incarcerated: 8 years, 7 months

Originally posted by AlvanKarpas I'll say it this way. Thank you for a great online game that is easy to understand and play. So if you think the rest of this is whining, you're wrong. Just stating things as I see them and you are free to ignore them or learn from them. Totally your choice. The fact remains there are so many parts of the game that keep you from playing it. Try to train so I'm better able to deal with the jerks in SD and end up in the infirmary for 24 minutes after one or two training rounds. Simply put, if you want people to stay in the game then the game needs to be designed to keep us playing, not leaving it because we're in the infirmary, isolation, or trying to recover from our shit being stolen. personally I think people are dropped into SD way too soon as the top tier really owns the rest of us. I'm getting dogged again, and maybe it's my fault, dunno. Not on the message boards and don't go around raiding and mugging active players so it's not like I knocked on a door that I couldn't close. Point is, I've hit that point of diminishing returns. And that is how the game is structured. Enjoyed for a year or so and I wish you all well. Thanks for the ride while it lasted, just know I was ready to keep riding if the game had room for me.

The retirement of AlvanKrapass. This will be one of those "Where were you when this happened moments". A true legend. This game just won't be the same without you.

I was in the lounge room when I heard of Alvan's retirement for anyone wondering.

Quick Reply

You are unable to reply to this thread