Item Title

Item Description
This game is no longer supported. All play is at your own risk. X

Switching from wood to plastic pallets – worth it?

21 days ago  #1
Level 1
Status: offline
Prison: New Jersey
Incarcerated: 1 month, 7 days
Posts: 11

We've been using wooden pallets for years at our logistics hub in Dubai South, and honestly the constant repairs and splinter issues are driving me up the wall – not to mention the pests we've had to deal with after a few shipments arrived with unwanted critters hiding in the wood grain. I've been looking into plastic alternatives and I like the idea of something that's easier to clean and won't absorb spills, but I'm a bit confused about the different designs available. I came across this style that looks like it could be used on both sides, which seems really practical for our forklift operators who sometimes approach from different angles, and I'm thinking a reversible plastic pallet might be the way to go for our daily operations. My main concern is whether these hold up well under heavy loads in the heat, because our warehouse can get pretty warm and I've seen some cheaper plastic pallets warp and sag after a few months of use. Also, how do they compare price-wise when you factor in the longer lifespan? I'd love to hear from anyone who's made the switch and can tell me if it's actually worth the investment.

 

Quick Reply

You are unable to reply to this thread