Item Title

Item Description

5 years ago  #11
Level 29
Gang: Evil Empire
Prison: Louisiana
Incarcerated: 15 years, 1 month

Originally posted by JoeInBelize I brought this up in shoutbox once and you said to try another browser. I did, and the same thing was happening. Then you said that everything is working on your end, and the last thing you said before you went offline was that the issue must be on my end and to just use vultr.prisonblock.com, which didn't fix anything.

I don't mean to offend you, but that was the impression that I got based on your reaction.

Did you click the link I provided and see if the issue is resolved?

5 years ago  #12
Level 26
Gang: R TEAM
Prison: South Dakota
Incarcerated: 13 years, 2 months

Originally posted by Mufasa
Originally posted by JoeInBelize I brought this up in shoutbox once and you said to try another browser. I did, and the same thing was happening. Then you said that everything is working on your end, and the last thing you said before you went offline was that the issue must be on my end and to just use vultr.prisonblock.com, which didn't fix anything.

I don't mean to offend you, but that was the impression that I got based on your reaction.

Did you click the link I provided and see if the issue is resolved?

I did click on it, issue was still there. However, the issue corrected itself after a couple of days.

Also, after the last event where our avatars were automatically changed, the same issue happened. Again, it took about a week for the surgeon to load for me, so the problem definitely has to do with caching; it's just hard to pinpoint where the issue is occurring.

It's not a caching issue on my local machine; I just cleared my cache and cookies right now, and everything loaded fine. It just seems to happen after changes are made on your end. So maybe the way that your servers cache the site data? Are you using cloudflare? Or AWS? Or any other type of caching or cloud-based service through your hosting provider? I would start with looking there.

Last edited by JoeInBelize 5 years ago

5 years ago  #13
Level 29
Gang: Evil Empire
Prison: Louisiana
Incarcerated: 15 years, 1 month

The surgeon is served locally, so there's no caching there. Manually changing avatars has no effect on the surgeon loading. The previous issue I identified had to do with IPv6 clients trying and failing to connect -- that would be a local thing, and not anyone's fault really. Your provider decides how to connect.

Quick Reply

You are unable to reply to this thread