Item Title

Item Description

Forum quote suggestion

6 years ago  #1
Level 26
Gang: The Syndicate
Prison: South Dakota
Incarcerated: 14 years, 7 days

So this has always kind of annoyed me, when you hit quote, it will quote what the post says, PLUS what they quoted, so you end up having a huge messy post like

Could you rework that so it quotes everything outside of the quote tags so you just get what they said? 

thanks bro

keep up the good work etc

The Syndicate will forever rule (The Tiger Blood Gang)™ You earn 81,144,471 EXP! ~~~~~~~~~~ Inspriational quote, “id destroy your dad i would actually fuck him” — Bigsi
6 years ago  #2
Level 28
Incarcerated: 13 years, 8 months

It's currently the only way to understand the context of a post without reading through the entire thread or searching the text in the quote itself. If you have to go through this process for every level of quotes, it can end up being a lot of work just to understand the situation.

Then again you already have people who read the first and last posts and think they know everything about the discussion, so maybe it won't matter.

6 years ago  #3
Level 34
Gang: The V_GUNs
Incarcerated: 14 years, 4 months

Originally posted by JayMeal So this has always kind of annoyed me, when you hit quote, it will quote what the post says, PLUS what they quoted, so you end up having a huge messy post like

Could you rework that so it quotes everything outside of the quote tags so you just get what they said? 

thanks bro

keep up the good work etc

the quote on quote on quote thing has always been a strange thing to me how it shrinks... nice raising Mr Jaymeal

6 years ago  #4
Level 29
Gang: Evil Empire
Prison: Louisiana
Incarcerated: 15 years, 2 months

Super late to this party, but I see both sides. In a situation like this, I look to the "pros" and how they do it. Most BB software allows multi-depth quoting and it's generally down to the user to remove extra quotes.

I certainly could change it so that any quotes are removed when quoting, but as @Kron said, it could lead to confusion if the quoted post is in direct response to another quoted post.

Quick Reply

You are unable to reply to this thread