Item Title

Item Description

BACK TO LIFE

9 years ago  #1
Level 41
Gang: THE AFFILIATION
Prison: South Dakota
Incarcerated: 14 years, 2 months

Seem Like its getting a lil slow around here.  Mine as well bring the game back to life with a stat reset.  Maybe everyone start fresh from the begining but with all the amenties and items that they have just start over.  Maybe it would attract some new players since they would have a chance to catch up stat wise as well as make it intresting again.  Just a thought.  Curious to know what others think.

http://i43.tinypic.com/f02ftc.jpg[/im
9 years ago  #2
Level 35
Gang: Anarchy
Incarcerated: 12 years, 6 months

Da fuq jaymeal?

9 years ago  #3
Level 41

Originally posted by rog_ Da fuq jaymeal?

hahaha.. wouldnt take long for the top players to seperate themselves from the pack again..

9 years ago  #4
Banned
Gang: North Pole Warriors
Incarcerated: 11 years, 11 months

let the dudes keep their amens/items and cell upgrades and go for it vinny

“Classes will dull your mind, destroy the potential for authentic creativity.”
9 years ago  #5
Banned
Prison: San Quentin
Incarcerated: 9 years, 3 months

Is this a knee jerk reaction to not being able to sale ur shit games dead staff don't give a fuck datpiff pays they wages get used to it

9 years ago  #6
Level 26
Gang: Disciples of Bino
Incarcerated: 14 years, 3 months

1. A reset which removes player progression threatens players which have made micro-payments. You may find that some players no longer make recurring purchases as a result if they risk losing their investments.

2. A reset does not guarantee that more players will join the game. Marketing attracts more people not starting over and hoping for the best.

3. The cycle will start over for established players, giving them a second chance. A chance which will enable them to perform better in the second play through than in the first which is disadvantageous to new players that have never played before as they will be against people with years of experience competing at the same level.

4. The reset may solve the problems we have in the short term but they wont be solved in the long term. After a while we will be in the same position as we are now. So, will we keep resetting the game just to appease ourselves in the short term? I don't see any other MMORPGs doing this.

*. I think there should be more new content to keep the game interesting and alive (Not events but ranked team games like fight night with lobbys that we can join) which become an in-game mechanic and not just something that is organized in the forums by the players.

*. A possible solution to the failing market is to implement other ways of removing amenities from the game such as introducing a game mechanic where each amenity has health ranging from 0-100%. 100% is where the amen is in perfect condition and 0% where the amen is destroyed. This would work by having amen conditions degrade by a value such as 5% every time the player leveled up and we would have to repair amenities to increase their condition before it hit 0%. The amenities would be repaired the same way they are protected (by combining amenities of the same type) and the number of amenities required would be based on the rarity of the amen. This would help create more demand and increase the prices of amenities.

Another less radical solution is to increase the number of players so that aggregate demand can increase which will cause inflation so that the market doesn't have to compete with amenities at or under cost price (which is what is happening now with all the monopoly power the higher levels have over the market).

9 years ago  #7
Level 20
Incarcerated: 13 years, 7 months

Originally posted by artix 1. A reset which removes player progression threatens players which have made micro-payments. You may find that some players no longer make recurring purchases as a result if they risk losing their investments.

2. A reset does not guarantee that more players will join the game. Marketing attracts more people not starting over and hoping for the best.

3. The cycle will start over for established players, giving them a second chance. A chance which will enable them to perform better in the second play through than in the first which is disadvantageous to new players that have never played before as they will be against people with years of experience competing at the same level.

4. The reset may solve the problems we have in the short term but they wont be solved in the long term. After a while we will be in the same position as we are now. So, will we keep resetting the game just to appease ourselves in the short term? I don't see any other MMORPGs doing this.

*. I think there should be more new content to keep the game interesting and alive (Not events but ranked team games like fight night with lobbys that we can join) which become an in-game mechanic and not just something that is organized in the forums by the players.

*. A possible solution to the failing market is to implement other ways of removing amenities from the game such as introducing a game mechanic where each amenity has health ranging from 0-100%. 100% is where the amen is in perfect condition and 0% where the amen is destroyed. This would work by having amen conditions degrade by a value such as 5% every time the player leveled up and we would have to repair amenities to increase their condition before it hit 0%. The amenities would be repaired the same way they are protected (by combining amenities of the same type) and the number of amenities required would be based on the rarity of the amen. This would help create more demand and increase the prices of amenities.

Another less radical solution is to increase the number of players so that aggregate demand can increase which will cause inflation so that the market doesn't have to compete with amenities at or under cost price (which is what is happening now with all the monopoly power the higher levels have over the market).

i only read number 1 seems you let all your brain and burnt most of it in this

You grabbed someone's confiscated copy of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides! It's now protected and waiting to be placed in your cell!
9 years ago  #8
Banned
Gang: Death Row
Incarcerated: 13 years, 9 months

bruhh

9 years ago  #9
Level 41

Originally posted by JPISTOLINO Seem Like its getting a lil slow around here.  Mine as well bring the game back to life with a stat reset.  Maybe everyone start fresh from the begining but with all the amenties and items that they have just start over.  Maybe it would attract some new players since they would have a chance to catch up stat wise as well as make it intresting again.  Just a thought.  Curious to know what others think.

Originally posted by buddy Is this a knee jerk reaction to not being able to sale ur shit games dead staff don't give a fuck datpiff pays they wages get used to it

Nah dont really matter if the shit sell or not. I didnt use my rent money to fund my prison block experiance. My purpose in sayin anything was to see what others thought. I personally remember a time when pb was fun as hell with alot of reasons to sign on and play. It was fun trying to get the things you needed for your cell especially when not everybody has all the same things in there cell..lol I would prob keep my stuff and put more time into it if there was a STAT reset. I know how much people have put into getting the things they have for there cell , some more than others, but a full blown reset would not make sense. But if you put everyone on an equal playing field stat wise then theres more reason to play for everyone again. There doesnt even need to be anymore events for new amenities or any of the other things that used to make it jump around here. It can still be the same ol stale inventory. So no new cost to the staff and Maybe more people buy favors. Hell does anyone even train anymore..lmao.. so what difference would it matter. The top tier of players has already been established for a long time now so theres no catchin up. Time for PBvol2

so if we gonna stay on the titanic till it sink we mine as well have some fun while we at it.

Last edited by JPISTOLINO 9 years ago

9 years ago  #10
Level 29
Gang: Disciples of Bino
Incarcerated: 13 years, 9 months
maybe incorporate the blockcake into the reset....weren't you the pal that got me hooked on em jp???..lol..free bump for my good friend...and remember:Got an idea for the game? Drop it here. Note: just because something is suggested does NOT mean it will be created/done

Last edited by shawshank 9 years ago

Quick Reply

You are unable to reply to this thread