Item Title

Item Description

How to run an auction

13 years ago  #1
Level 28
Prison: South Dakota
Incarcerated: 14 years, 22 days

Hey all, here are a few tips if you want to use the forums to sell or auction off one of your amenities.  I'm not trying to tell anyone how to play, but I see a lot of the same mistakes, and hear a lot of the same complaints.  If I miss anything, please post here.

General Info

• Use the marketplace forum only, you will get slammed for trying to sell your stuff anywhere else.
  • Use a descriptive Title (WTB = Want to Buy, WTS = Want to Sell, Auction = Auction) include the item you are buying, selling, or auctioning in the title.
  • If you are selling something that can commonly be found on the marketplace for less than 500k, just put it on the market, don't create a thread.  If you're concerned about getting mugged, set the price a little lower so it will sell quick, and immediately buy items.  The little bit of cash you miss will be more than made up for later.
  • Selling for paypal if you aren't leaving the game is generally frowned upon, but if you want to do it, make it clear that you are selling for real cash, not game cash or items.
  • If you want to sell something as opposed to auctioning it, make that clear.  It's best to name your own selling price.  Asking people to make you offers = auction.

Selling at Auctions

• Only take bids placed in your forum thread.  If for some reason, you decide to take private bids as well, post the private bid on the forum and give everyone there a chance to beat it first.  Having an auction go on for hours and then closing it with a private bid is a quick way to make yourself some enemies.
  • Set an end time (usually between 1 and 12 hours).  Do not leave auctions open for days.  If you set an end time, don't close it early, usually the best bids will come in at the end.
  • Don't bump more than once or twice.  If nobody is bidding, you've probably reached the high bid, or nobody wants what you're selling.
  • If you have a price that you won't sell below, start your auction at that price.  If you don't get any bidders, close it and try again later.  Prices do fluctuate, what seems crazy now, might not two weeks from now.
  • if you don't set a starting price, you need to sell for whatever the top bid is, do not ever just let the thread die or ignore mail's about it
  • If you're selling a rare item, make sure it's in your cell where people can see it.
Buying at Auctions

• Read ALL posts, ESPECIALLY the first one.  If the seller only wants items, don't bid with amenities or items they aren't asking for.
  • Never bid with items you don't have, can't afford, or can't get before the auction is over.
  • Don't place a bid and then delete or retract it because you found a better offer.  You placed your bid, honor it.
  • Know who you're dealing with.  A few simple searches can tell you a lot about who has scammed people.  If you don't know someone, ask your friends or gang leaders.

Last edited by PsychoSteve 13 years ago

13 years ago  #2
Level 34
Gang: The V_GUNs
Incarcerated: 14 years, 4 months

I likes this...

13 years ago  #3
Banned
Incarcerated: 14 years, 26 days

this should be a sticky good work

13 years ago  #4
Level 25
Incarcerated: 14 years, 8 days

Originally posted by PsychoSteve Don't place a bid and then delete or retract it because you found a better offer.  You placed your bid, honor it.]

13 years ago  #5
Level 12
Prison: Arizona
Incarcerated: 14 years, 20 days

Thanks! Phsyco I'll keep it in mind.

13 years ago  #6
Level 22
Incarcerated: 13 years, 8 months

Very good guide, thankyou

13 years ago  #7
Banned
Incarcerated: 13 years, 11 months

Wiki this

13 years ago  #8
Level 28
Incarcerated: 14 years, 22 days

*cough*

13 years ago  #9
Level 23
Incarcerated: 14 years, 1 month

good work steve

DONATE BTC - 134YMw8h2p6FuTAjpjcv2DhrMD3C6hgpPJ
13 years ago  #10
Level 13
Prison: Arizona
Incarcerated: 14 years, 2 months

steve mail me the link to this thread so i remember it for the wiki. i wont read the mail so it stays notified so if you have anything to add send me a separate mail. got alot of ideas to put on the wiki but keep forgetting them

Click on my profile to find out about Prisonblocks Dealers Crime guides: New_Jersey, Putnam, Arizona Amenities list

Quick Reply

You are unable to reply to this thread