Item Title

Item Description

Meebo Bar

13 years ago  #1
Level 29
Gang: Evil Empire
Prison: Louisiana
Incarcerated: 15 years, 2 months

After spending the time to build our own, we were presented with an opportunity to have Meebo build the toolbar for Prisonblock. They've kindly hosted the chat server which will allow all inmates to chat with friends, and being more mature in its development cycle, the system is more stable than the one we created.

The bar also offers a quick links tab (which we'll be expanding to allow custom links), however, it also includes advertising. Even though the quick links and chat are a plus in our opinion, we recognize that the ads can be annoying. We've enabled disabling of the bar completely (unfortunately, we can't disable just the ads part individually) for Respect Prisoners only. The setting is on your account page.

Let us know if you run into any issues with the bar. We'll be working to integrate it more with the game, so it should be easier to send a quick instant message from user's profiles, in the yards and from forum posts.

13 years ago  #2
Level 22
Prison: South Dakota
Incarcerated: 14 years, 15 days

Very nice, keep up the good work

13 years ago  #3
Banned
Prison: Arizona
Incarcerated: 13 years, 4 months

like the bar Mufasa. alot faster then messaging

13 years ago  #4
Level 28
Incarcerated: 13 years, 9 months

When scrolling past a fight in the forums, the fight displays over the chatbar.

13 years ago  #5
Level 29

Originally posted by Koryn When scrolling past a fight in the forums, the fight displays over the chatbar.

Yes, this should be fixed

13 years ago  #6
Level 26
Gang: The Syndicate
Incarcerated: 14 years, 18 days

Has some real cool features I disabled the other one just because it slowed shit down but, no slow down here.

The Syndicate will forever rule (The Tiger Blood Gang)™ You earn 81,144,471 EXP! ~~~~~~~~~~ Inspriational quote, “id destroy your dad i would actually fuck him” — Bigsi
13 years ago  #7
Level 23
Incarcerated: 14 years, 1 month

The bar makes my Pb Slower

13 years ago  #8
Level 26
Gang: The Syndicate
Incarcerated: 14 years, 18 days

Originally posted by La_Madrastra The bar makes my Pb Slower

Get a computer that wasn't made in the former yugoslavia

The Syndicate will forever rule (The Tiger Blood Gang)™ You earn 81,144,471 EXP! ~~~~~~~~~~ Inspriational quote, “id destroy your dad i would actually fuck him” — Bigsi
13 years ago  #9
Level 29

Unfortunately, Jay's smartass is partially right. The bar is loaded asynchronously, which basically means it should not slow down the speed of the site in the least. The only time you should have issues is if displaying the extra elements is too much for your computer to handle (in which case, things like battles and the yards should be slow for you too). Most computers these days (unless it's a bargain basement netbook or something) shouldn't have this problem.

13 years ago  #10
Banned
Incarcerated: 14 years, 7 months

Originally posted by JayMeal

Get a computer that wasn't made in the former yugoslavia

Yep,its not slowing down for me either,its cool.

Quick Reply

You are unable to reply to this thread