Item Title

Item Description

New Trading System & Changes to open market

14 years ago  #11
Level 17
Prison: South Dakota
Incarcerated: 14 years, 8 months

I think the trading system is fine.  I am just saying that if each side is paying 10% to trade their items for a total of 20% (10%+10%) it would be cheaper to just buy the items off of the market.

Only the seller is paying the 10% listing fee.  So the buyer is buying for a price and not subject to the fee.

I think that by charging both sides of the transaction it will make the trading feature useless.  I think the trading feature is great, but I don't think there should be a fee associated with bartering.  That is the point of trading or bartering to avoid fees charged by the normal market.

14 years ago  #12
Level 29
Gang: Evil Empire
Prison: Louisiana
Incarcerated: 15 years, 2 months

Agreed, but then how do you combat the obvious exploits that would come with that?

14 years ago  #13
Level 17

Not allow any trades between same IPs.  (Which I am sure the way it is now).

I think only allowing trades between gang member (obviously no IP history) for free would be an advantage to being in the gang.  There is going to have to be a huge money sink in wars between gangs.  There has to be some way for the gang to make money.  Example Level 7 gang memeber can travel from NJ to Ariz and list energy drinks for a profit for the benefit of the gang/themselves.  It gives the lower levels a chance to build their bank rolls.  There has to be free trade in order to get money out of the economy.  I am playing another game for over 4 years that is similar to this and they implemented a similar structure to take money out of the economy and it had the exact opposite effect.  Heck, look at the American economy in real life and when taxes are imposed, less trade takes place.

I guess if I wanted to trade 100 energy drinks for 50 red bulls.  I personally wouldn't use a trade feature that charges me 10% and the person I am trading with 10%.  It wouldn't be adventageous, it would be cheaper and smarter to just buy off of the market at that point.

I think that anyone should be able to send an item for free.  (Not amenities or cash).  The items will increasing war activity for the gangs, and will provide help from the higher levels to the lower levels.

Where it stands now, putting someone in the infirmary for 10 minutes is no retribution for someone trying to raid your cell.  I think raiding of the cell is too easy, a group of a few people can crack anyone's cell in less than 2 hours and the reward is high.  Any retribution (infirmary) is negligible.  The people who are active will always have more cash than those that are not.  I just think by trying to restrict the profit motive there is no real purpose for a high level stat character to join a gang.  There has to be a purpose other than attacking eachother that is a benefit to being in a gang.  And like all war games it is going to be expensive as is for the top gangs to war eachother.  I think the game should encourage the war, battle, fighting aspects of gangs and in order to do that the gang has to be self sufficient and create income to support the war.

Armories, items that can be donated to the gang is just a way for multis to use the gang as a middle man.  But only being able to trade with other gang members for free, it is not open to the entire population and is a huge advantage to joining a gang.

I hope that makes sense.  I think the trade feature is great, I know a lot of time has been spent on it.  I think it either needs to be free, otherwise I am fearful that it won't be used because the cost is too high.

There are going to be exploits, always going to be those that hide items so they can't be raided.  But if gangs have an armory for items and weapons, that will be the place where the items are stored so they can't be raided.  Personally I think raiding the cell should be an all day in the hospital situation, it is just to easy to get the combo at this point.  Especially if someone sleeps (8 hours) or works (10 hours) where they don't have access to change their cell combo.

I am getting off topic, but the trading would be a way to hide items.  Armory within a gang is a place to hide items.  At least with the trading feature you would be able to limit IP to IP trades, where with the gang most people with multis will put them in the same gang and just donate to the gang armory from one character and then "give" it from the gang to their other multi.

14 years ago  #14
Level 29

You've made some good points, but you keep contradicting yourself. As you said, multis will be prevented from doing ANYTHING together. Currently that includes attacking, buying, selling etc, and naturally it would ALSO include gangs and item sending. With that known, how would gangs become a haven for multies to share with each other?

I do agree with the cell raiding being a bit too easy though, so why don't we discuss that in the raiding thread.

Last edited by Mufasa 14 years ago

14 years ago  #15
Level 17

In addition the raiding of cells was brought up so people couldn't use the trade feature to hide items.

The easiest way to make raiding more difficult is instead of 0-9 also add letters to the combo.  I think that raiding should be a long process, and a way for a gang to target one member to start a war.

14 years ago  #16
Level 17

Originally posted by Mufasa You've made some good points, but you keep contradicting yourself. As you said, multis will be prevented from doing ANYTHING together. Currently that includes attacking, buying, selling etc, and naturally it would ALSO include gangs and item sending. With that known, how would gangs become a haven for multies to share with each other?

I do agree with the cell raiding being a bit too easy though, so why don't we discuss that in the raiding thread.

Ok:

Multi A:  Donates 100 enegy drinks to the gang armory.  As leader of the gang, the person than gives those 100 drinks to Multi B.  This will circumvent the IP checker, I have seen it on many games with similar structure in the past.

There is no way to combat the giving to the gang, then the gang dispursement to another character on the same IP.

14 years ago  #17
Level 29

Of course there is no way to completely stop any kind of cheating, but that does not mean you shouldn't TRY. Heck, with your description above, people can pass money through 3rd parties right now to help multies. Not to mention, as said above, joining the same gang wouldn't even be allowed for a multi.

14 years ago  #18
Level 17

I did not know that you had a limitation for characters on the same IP being able to join the same gang.  That changes things and some information I did not know.

14 years ago  #19
Level 17

And I agree with trying to fight the cheating, that is why I am posting my thoughts to help in that fashion. 

I hate multis, they ruin the game for everyone because the advantage is too great for the average player to overcome.

14 years ago  #20
Level 11
Prison: Arizona
Incarcerated: 15 years, 4 months

Compton you took that hosp and meds idea from another game, i won't even say which one

Quick Reply

You are unable to reply to this thread