Item Title

Item Description

Punkrock/HC - am i the only one here?

13 years ago  #81
Level 19
Gang: Dackelblut
Prison: South Dakota
Incarcerated: 13 years, 9 months

i really like the last ^^ song, didn't knew this band yet, thx for that. generally i'm into sweden punk atm. here's another classic and another new one.

13 years ago  #82
Level 27
Incarcerated: 14 years, 3 months

Swedish punk Funny, where r u from? Here are few of my favourites from here...

13 years ago  #83
Level 10
Prison: Putnam
Incarcerated: 13 years, 5 months

Oi, Astroboy interesting pick. It always gets me how bands can grow and change.

Cool pick Scarlet I always liked that Sham 69 song. Although I find it funny when they've played in the US and Skins show up they alway sing along and change kids to Skins.

Here's another one from the 90's and that I still Respect since they've stuck to they're principals. Athough I got into them because I miss understood Drink Drank Punk (thought it was a drinking song). Still they have a good point. In 2001 when they did their hidden US Tour I got strange looks from Krustys and Punks when I went to one of their shows. 2001 they went by A-F since US citizens were still pissed about the World Trade Center. That was the second time I was rejected by the Marines for my bad knee. I saw a lot of friends enter the service. That's what US Skins do. Anyway I think A-F signed onto a division of Sony so it was interesting to hear them on the radio and it did get people to hate Bush (I'm Sorry I voted for him the first time, Second time Kerry, last one Obama). At least Anti-Flag is still out there and still protesting.

Then

Recent

Oi, Be safe.          12/24/2010 8:35am thisisretarded attacked you! You won and hospitalized him for 46 minutes! Click here to see the whole battle. thisisretarded Lvl 9 SkinheadBill Lvl 8  
13 years ago  #84
Level 19

i'm from germany and i listen to good music from all over the world. really, in barely every country there's at least one punkrock band... but a lof of the stuff sounds the same and a lot swedish punk is known for their uniqueness. like german punk from the 80ies, it's unique.

there's a lot of great old bands like ebba grön, asta kask, strebers... and a really great scene on current bands like masshysteri (former the vicious), knugen faller, slöa knivar, invasionen, regulations, beyond pink, etc...

13 years ago  #85
Level 19

Originally posted by SkinheadBill Athough I got into them because I miss understood Drink Drank Punk (thought it was a drinking song).

lol, i really had a laugh about that. anti flag doens't affect me today, but i liked their early stuff. you're right, they stuck to their principles but it's now more like "predict to the convinced", at least that's my point of view here. and their kind of music is too clean for my ears, i like it dirty and snotty. don't need no perfect sound or an eloberate production. but hey, what do i know? i'm just an growing old punkrocker

and well, i know what "the look" is that other subcultures can give you when you hit one of their events. but fuck, music is more important than looks, right? not more important than politics... i can't understand how american skins can go into war for their country, that seems to be a us-phenomenon, here in germany even the skins (not talking bout the nazi scum) hate the governemnt. and the politics it stands for...

lol, talking bout commies

13 years ago  #86
Level 10

With American Skins it's a Tradition that started in the 1980's. If you didn't go to college then it was prison, work a blue collar job, or join the Military. There are also a few Skins who become cops and firefighters, since you don't need a degree from University. But the biggest change is the US use to make stuff (manufacturing) but it changed to a service based economy. So as blue collar jobs became scarce more and more Skins end up in the military.

I tried for military in the 90's but I fucked up my left knee playing (US) football. The knee injury kept me out of the Marines couldn't past one test because of it (2001 I was a little too old for them). I went into long haul truck driving for three years, but I missed having a pack so I got a local job in a warehouse.

Oi, Be safe.          12/24/2010 8:35am thisisretarded attacked you! You won and hospitalized him for 46 minutes! Click here to see the whole battle. thisisretarded Lvl 9 SkinheadBill Lvl 8  
13 years ago  #87
Level 19

Originally posted by Billy Bragg The factories are closing and the army's full -

I don't know what I'm going to do

But I've come to see in the Land of the Free

There's only a future for the Chosen Few

had to google for blue collar, but now i get it. i don't dare to generalize for the german punx & skins, nowadays they're into barely every kind of job. i met skins and punks studding to get teachers, and i have some skin mates working as plumbers and bouncers, also a lot of my punk friends are educators, social workers, nurses, that kind of jobs. it's because these jobs have no dress code.

here's a song from 4 promille, singing about change his life. no drugs, no violence, no crimes, no prison, no women... then he gets sober, staying outta trouble, drinking only tea, and feeling really shitty and then a big fuck off getting back to old habbits.

13 years ago  #88
Level 10

That's definity an Oi / Punk song. I understood half of it so I looked up the lyrics. I like it since it reminds of my Pack brothers.

Here's the Original Billy Bragg Version (notice the lyrics change) But the thing is when he wrote this in 1986 or 1987 when the same thing was going on in the UK and the US at the time.

13 years ago  #89
Level 12
Prison: Arizona
Incarcerated: 13 years, 4 months

a local favorite

13 years ago  #90
Level 22
Gang: Brotherhood Express
Incarcerated: 14 years, 7 months

One of the best french punk bands our Belle Province has to offer :P

really makes you build an entire city out of paper mache and as soon as it's all dry, tear through it like Godzilla

(introduction: the guy -well known stand up comedian here- comments on the song, saying it's about making fun of the music critics.... so you see them there talking shit... black guy says "I didnt stay in a container-boat for 3 weeks to hear this kinda crap"... asian guy loves the yellow cover priceless.)

^^^ one of the first ska bands here that got publicized on TV. Most folks didnt realize ska existed Another was....

^^^ childhood memory. kid show hosts made parodies, one song every week. This one is about them loving the eiffel tower, cars tanks and braces and other shit cuz it's made out of metal. And as the last verse goes they hate everything thats NOT made of metal. Couldnt resist. I want a spiky coat like that though~

Quick Reply

You are unable to reply to this thread