Item Title

Item Description

Searching The Yard. New Style

14 years ago  #1
Level 16
Prison: South Dakota
Incarcerated: 14 years, 6 months

Hi im here to ask basically if anyone actually likes searching the yard as the new style of every hour instead of every day ?

My Personal opinion is that for the people that only get chance to come on for a few hours aday is a big loss. Im in Putnam and before i could get $14000 14 Blunts and 28 Large Bottles of Water.

Now im getting money but dont seem to be so lucky on the items front.

I was wonderering if it would be better to be able to search the yard every hour but for those who cant maybe they stack up but you loose some searches for stacking them up ?

I hope to hear what people have to say thanks.

14 years ago  #2
Level 29
Gang: Evil Empire
Prison: Louisiana
Incarcerated: 15 years, 2 months

If searches "stacked up" it would sort of defeat the purpose of it, not to mention people can let accounts idle and then do one huge search all at once.

I could see if it maybe accumulated a max of a few hours worth, but even then...

14 years ago  #3
Level 16

Originally posted by Mufasa If searches "stacked up" it would sort of defeat the purpose of it, not to mention people can let accounts idle and then do one huge search all at once.

I could see if it maybe accumulated a max of a few hours worth, but even then...

Oh Yes Mufasa i dont mean stack up for Months i mean there has to be a max and What i mean is for example.:

Putnam= 3 Searches Per Hour (Max Stack 24 Hours) 73 Searches in Total Instead Of the usual 75 but then Maybe only give them 2 out of the 3.

Example : If i went off and came back 4 Hours after the last search i did Id get 8 Searches instead of 3 as it stands now.

The only reason ive suggested that is Jobs etc dont permit people to get on sat every 50 mins.

Thanks Mufasa for listening and Replying Thanks

14 years ago  #4
Banned
Incarcerated: 14 years, 7 months

Owen, my suggestion is to just think this way: Be greatful that yo'uve had a chance the past 1 month and 19 days that you've been playing to take advantage of when you COULD search the yard all at once and the items that you got.  New players dont have that option..so be thankful that you were able to get those benefits when you did.

I think this will keep people more active and checking in to the game more often by having the search hourly

14 years ago  #5
Level 29
Gang: Evil Empire
Incarcerated: 15 years, 2 months

I agree with bravo, but I also know that some people just can't log on and do that every hour (which was kind of the point). Maybe I'll think up something where you can do the lump sum searches, but you get less searches or something.

14 years ago  #6
Level 19
Gang: Flying Squirrels
Incarcerated: 14 years, 9 months

Originally posted by Mufasa If searches "stacked up" it would sort of defeat the purpose of it, not to mention people can let accounts idle and then do one huge search all at once. 

I would say this is the best solution. Set it to maybe 3 hours of accumulation?  That way people could log in every few hours and still get almost the same benefit as searching 100 times in one shot. It'd help combat the once-a-day players while preventing casual players from having to come back hourly.

The only drawback to this is it creates confusion. New players may hop in and have a max search of 3 hours, then later on a max search of 1 hour and never understand why.

Blood. Blood everywhere. Everywhere, blood.
14 years ago  #7
Level 17
Incarcerated: 14 years, 7 months

I am gone at least 12 hours a day while I work, and have no issue with new system.  Not everyone is as active with others, and the people who are more active should be rewarded (IMO).

14 years ago  #8
Level 16

Thanks for your replys and i am greatfull and glad i took advantage of searching the yard 100 when i could. I understand all the issues and this is not such a great problem just wondered how people felt and if possible change it a little. Tommy i know what you mean about new players but if they read the forums or news then they would understand better. As yesterday i was covered in emails asking why can i only search they yard 5 times. At 1 point i thought i was Guard but after my Son Slapping my face i realised it was all a Dream. Thanks for all your replys

14 years ago  #9
Level 14

I don't really like the hourly search as you don't benefit from it much. Everytime I logged in I looked forward to searching the yard as you got items and money. This is just my opinion on the new yard search. I guess I'll just have to deal with the new system.

14 years ago  #10
Banned
Prison: Putnam
Incarcerated: 14 years, 5 months

ive tried the search many differant ways to see if you benefitted from it better one way than another. ive tried 5 at a time, 10 at a time, 20 at a time etc.. and doing 5 at a time, 20 times in a row ( when we still got the 100 every 24hrs) i still never came close to the proceeds i would collect if i just blew all 100 at 1 time. most of the time it came to about half of would i would regularly get doin the 100 in 1 shot. with the new system now ive done around 7 searches (worth 5) and have collected no items and maybe 250 cash...... i work all day and get to play in the evenings. i play faithfully every day. i use to get off work  take care of the fam and play, looking forward to hitn the yard and doin some search'n. now its like the option to search the yard is useless to me.i pretty much gain nothing from it and me being low lvl the yard search was the best tool i had to gain the things i need. NOW as a result of yard searches being wacked the price of everything on the open market is way higher and the opportunity to raise money via yard search isnt there now. making it especially hard for low lvl players to attain things.

Quick Reply

You are unable to reply to this thread