Item Title

Item Description

Some quick gym changes

14 years ago  #41
Level 19
Prison: South Dakota
Incarcerated: 14 years, 7 months

Originally posted by Dorian_Gray trained 61 energy, (203 stamina), got 123 def... seems to work as before, hm.

Yeah,but every time when you level up you will gain less

14 years ago  #42
Level 19
Gang: Flying Squirrels
Prison: Louisiana
Incarcerated: 14 years, 9 months

Here's how I understand it:

How should stat gain be affected by a player's level? Ideally, I'd imagine a nice smooth, straight line representing a player's level and his stats. For example, let's go by average stats (these aren't real PBlock numbers, just for ease of explanation) and say a player's level and stats would go as follows:

Level1: 10, Level2: 50, Level3: 100, Level4: 150, Level5:200

That's nice, simple, linear. It's quite predictable, and levels have a nice, evenly spaced correlation when it comes to average stats for each level.

But, (in the old way on PBlock) when a player levels, his stats (nrg/stam in this case) will go up. More stats = better training as you have all learned. The problem here is that once you reach a certain point, you're gaining stats much, MUCH quicker than before. No longer is the stat gain over time a nice straight line, but it becomes a curve, stat gain becomes exponentential. In this case, the Level/average stat spread ends up looking more like:

Level1: 10, Level2: 100, Level3: 1,000, Level4: 10,000, Level5:100,000

Again, these aren't real PBlock numbers, but they're an almost accurate representation of what's going on here. Can you see the problem though? There's still a predictable set of numbers here, but there's a world of difference between Levels 1/2 and Levels 4/5.

The only reliable way to balance this out, then, is to use a system like Mufasa's new training system where you take that extremely steep curve and you make it a more linear and predictable scale. Sure, the higher levels are getting hit harder by this than the lower levels, but they obviously need it.

And to all the people going on about how you gain less, so leveling up is bad:

Lower level players have less things. They have less stats for training, lower nrg, lower stam, they have smaller cells, and they have fewer amenities, as I'm sure you're aware. This keeps their gains small, even though there's some arithmetic in place to boost their gains.

And you still keep the stats you gained at lower levels, and it seems as though you gain more stats at higher levels due to higher nrg/stam/amenities/etc, so it's not like level 10s are going to magically start having higher stats than a level 15.

Last edited by kingtommy 14 years ago

Blood. Blood everywhere. Everywhere, blood.
14 years ago  #43
Level 11
Prison: Arizona
Incarcerated: 14 years, 5 months

so higher ranks were given a headstart, and lower ranks now have an advantage to their game plan.... so basiclly the middle ranks are fucked... thats what i take from this.  there is no gameplan to outsmart others or such.  its just so and so is x active and trains x times compared to another so and so

14 years ago  #44
Banned
Prison: Arizona

boring update would call it wasteful update, with same cell size lvl 10 will never gain tupto lvl 13, because of his base stats, and it shouldnt. as that guy spend more time money 2 reach that lvl, this is discurouging ppl 2 get strong invest n last play this game.

14 years ago  #45
Level 19

Can you tell me just this: With Empty cell,just base Nrg and Stm....Who will get more stats,level 16 or level 17?

Originally posted by kingtommy Level1: 10, Level2: 100, Level3: 1,000, Level4: 10,000, Level5:100,000 

I didnt sure for this...every time we need little less then double amount of EXP from past level to level up again,right?

From level 15 to 16 need 28.8 milions

From level 16 to 17 need 52.3 milions etc....

So this have to look like this:

Level1: 10, Level2: 20, Level3: 40, Level4: 80, Level5:160...Or formula for calculation gained EXP from Training not working good...Just connect stats gained with EXP gained and difference cant be more the 2 times per level

And if you want smaller difference,just reduce EXP that need for level up...Its more logically like this i think...

14 years ago  #46
Level 19

Maybe this how it was working untill today was conecting EXP gained with STM too?

That can make a lot difference...

But thats not to be like that i think,when we have more STM we will gain more Stats- that means more EXP

Why to get plus more EXP just becouse of bigger STM,we alredy gained more becouse we trained more stats

14 years ago  #47
Level 19
Incarcerated: 14 years, 8 months

I don't hate the idea but one of the reasons why there's such a difference between, say a lvl 9 to a lvl 10, is the amount of xp required to lvl. The amount needed to lvl is exponential. It almost literally takes 2 times more xp each time to lvl up. It's only natural to experience such imbalancy between higher lvls.

There's more then one way to solve this problem. Some examples: You could drastically reduce the  amount of energy and stamina we gain each lvl. Do the extreme, you could even not give us any bonus to energy and stamina when we lvl. Or give us a medium boost every 3 or 5 lvls. Amenities could provide us with the bonus needed to increase our nrg and stam if we want to. You probably don't like any of these ideas, but completely removing stats and nrg gain by lvling would provide a smoother and less drastic curve, while on the other hand, giving us bonus' on every 3 or 5 lvls would provide you an easier way to balance the game. You could focus on each individual group and tweak their stats as needed. Lvl 1 to 3 would look this while lvl 4 to 6 would be like that and so on.

Adding more prisons could also solve the problem without tweaking too much with the training system. I personally don't like the way we are unable to attack whoever we want in our own prison. Higher lvls don't usually abuse of their power, and if one does, he's usually brought back to his place pretty quick.

Another reason why there's so much imbalancy is the lack of things to do. It's only natural to experience this if we have so little options. Right now if someone isn't training he's probably doing crimes... to better train afterwards. Will each lvl gap being higher and further apart, that's what gonna happen. Sure implanting this training system will give you a more linear curve but I'm sure you're still going to see a lvl 14 with 130k average stats at the end of his lvl, and a lvl 15 with 250k average when he's done.

I personally don't mind the training reduction, but I don't think this will correct the issue.

14 years ago  #48
Level 19
Incarcerated: 14 years, 8 months

Btw, I was typing this before I saw Barbarian's previous posts. But I think this (the xp growth) pretty much points out the "real" reason behind the exponential stat gain. Trying to work around this will, I think, also probably create less friction.

14 years ago  #49
Level 29
Gang: Outlawz
This game is really special, because normally gamers want reach higher lvl, but not there. It is something weird. I am waiting for new bonuses for higher lvls, enough bonuses for lower lvls players.

14 years ago  #50
Level 19

Mufasa,I dont understend what is not in balance in this game so lot....in way how it was before.

Me,Whisky,Compton,Jagan,Rach,Rufus,Bravo-We all playing this game less then 4 month

Some guys are playing 1 year and they are weaker...Rufus can beat Centong easy(level 13 vs 17), he dont have more total stats but can beat him.

I have almost same stats like Centong,Whiskey too.

So i dont see what is not in Balance? How we was cached Main guys in 3 month?

Centong was level 14 when i was started to playing and now we are almost same...So its balanced,right?

Quick Reply

You are unable to reply to this thread