Item Title

Item Description

Upcoming Changes to Weapons & Armor

6 years ago  #1
Level 29
Gang: Evil Empire
Prison: Louisiana
Incarcerated: 15 years, 1 month

Weapons & Armor have been pretty stagnant, not changing much since the game started. Not many have been added, as there wasn't much room for growth so more gear was added instead. I'm going to attempt to change that.

As some of you have noticed, weapons and armor now have a durability like gear. Some will be listed as "uses" and other as a percentage.

For a weapon that has say 10 uses, you will be able to use it to attack 10 times in a single battle or over multiple battles (it is not used if you do not hit with it) before the durability is used up. For armor, a use will be counted when you take damage.

For armor and weapons that have a number for durability, then damage done (in the case of weapons) and damage received (in the case of armor) will deplete this number.

For now, in this trial mode, nothing will happen when you deplete the durability of your weapon or armor. The system is in place so that I can monitor and tweak as we go.

In the future, depleting equipment can either mean it's destroyed, or has very little effect. I am also working on possible ways to restore and upgrade equipment as well.

Armor and weapons sold on the open market will retain their durability. While going in and making that change, I also made it possible to now sell gear that has been used (i.e. no longer has full durability).

I hope these changes will add a bit more dynamic to the equipment system, and allow for some some new weapons to be introduced through events and other means.

4/22

Today's update makes armor and weapons useless in combat if the durability falls to 0. They won't break and disappear (yet, anyway), but they won't provide any of the stat (or backpack) boosts that they were designed to either.

Last edited by Mufasa 5 years ago

6 years ago  #2
Level 38
Gang: Prison Break
Prison: South Dakota
Incarcerated: 14 years, 3 months

Thank you for the update!

/Bluesky

09/15/2012 4:04pm Congratulations! For being one of the winners in Fight Night, you're rewarded: 100 favors, 1 Spankin' it to the Oldies, and 1 Brawler Trophy 01/01/2011_12:38pm LadyM used a Health Shake and revived you!
6 years ago  #3
Level 43
Gang: Agents of SHIELD
Incarcerated: 7 years, 1 month

Thank you and cheers

6 years ago  #4
Level 35
Gang: LIVE WIRE
Incarcerated: 13 years, 8 months

Time to put the Blacksmith to work. Hes been living off the taxpayers for years with his lazy ass

Click me for music!
6 years ago  #5
Level 29
Gang: Evil Empire
Prison: Louisiana
Incarcerated: 15 years, 1 month

Originally posted by wormdogg10 Time to put the Blacksmith to work. Hes been living off the taxpayers for years with his lazy ass

Exactly. Damn negroes.

6 years ago  #6
Level 43
Gang: IC MobbLyfe
Incarcerated: 13 years, 3 months

sounds good! yeah blacksmith gotta earn his keep!

R.I.P BigLou 6/21/18 7:20 pm
6 years ago  #7
Level 30
Gang: CANADA EH
Incarcerated: 14 years, 16 hours

Glad new stuff in the game is coming.

6 years ago  #8
Level 30
Incarcerated: 12 years, 2 months

Wish I would have known this sooner as I started selling my weapons from the Olympics as they contain the same statuses as the regular equipment or less than the equipment that we had here in South Dakota but looking forward to the new changes

凸(�◡�)凸 You can't mug Mufasa, they're in a different prison.
6 years ago  #9
Level 30
Incarcerated: 12 years, 8 months

Who' Blacksmith?

U.B.N.C.K
6 years ago  #10
Level 26
Gang: Disciples of Bino
Incarcerated: 6 years, 4 months

This sounds awesome thanks for the hard work