Item Title

Item Description

Updates for 9/24/2009

14 years ago  #1
Level 29
Gang: Evil Empire
Prison: Louisiana
Incarcerated: 15 years, 2 months

I leave for Florida tomorrow and have been burning the midnight oil trying to get a number of features (including gangs) done by then. Even at this point it's still unknown if i'll feel comfortable enough to release gangs and leave (it'd be horrible if things break and I'm not around until next week to fix them ).

However, as I finalize features today, I'll update this post to say what I've added:

• 10% fee on money transfers: To help combat money laundering and to help cut down on the currency in circulation, all money transfers to another user will be charged a 10% fee (rounded up to the nearest dollar). I am contemplating doing this for bank withdrawels as well.
  • Friends / Enemies: Finalized this this morning. Basically you can add other players to your friends or enemies list which should make it easy to find players you frequently trade/talk with or attack.
Keep watching this post throughout the day for additional changes (working on finalizing sending items).

14 years ago  #2
Level 18
Prison: South Dakota
Incarcerated: 14 years, 8 months

Originally posted by Mufasa
  • 10% fee on money transfers: To help combat money laundering and to help cut down on the currency in circulation, all money transfers to another user will be charged a 10% fee (rounded up to the nearest dollar). I am contemplating doing this for bank withdrawels as well.

Eep...not on withdrawls! like 5% fee on deposits or something, but free withdrawls?

14 years ago  #3
Level 10
Prison: Putnam
Incarcerated: 14 years, 9 months

10% fee on money transfers: To help combat money

laundering and to help cut down on the currency in circulation, all

money transfers to another user will be charged a 10% fee (rounded up

to the nearest dollar). I am contemplating doing this for bank

withdrawels as well.

obviously everyone hates this... because it means less money for us lol.

Friends / Enemies: Finalized this this morning.

Basically you can add other players to your friends or enemies list

which should make it easy to find players you frequently trade/talk

with or attack.

I have TheWhiskyMan on my enemy list but his name dosen't fit properly and the cross and his online status icon is dropped below.

http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/367/thumbs/7169831989_b.jpg

(my image thing dosent work on my Firefox it dosnt load after i insert it...:( )

14 years ago  #4
Level 9

fine with me on money transfers..but not too sure about a fee put on withdrawing our own money.

~~DaMob~~
14 years ago  #5
Level 9

footnote: Oh..and have a great vacation!!

(I know, off subject but it wouldn't let me edit...;) )

~~DaMob~~
14 years ago  #6
Level 19
Gang: Flying Squirrels

I think the fee should be put on deposits. I always felt it was kind of cheap that you could deposit/withdraw as much as you want, at any time, with no penalty.

I'd suggest either (A) 10% charge on every deposit, or (B) 5% deposit, 5% withdraw. Option A helps combat interest gain a little bit more than option B, but option B gives people a reason to hold onto their money.

Blood. Blood everywhere. Everywhere, blood.
14 years ago  #7
Level 29

thanks for the sizing issue pointout vampy. I was messing with that and testing different names and I guess I didn't try one long enough after I added the [x]!

I'm thinking 10% on deposit may be the way to go. I think it offers the best balance

14 years ago  #8
Level 9
Incarcerated: 14 years, 7 months

i think you should make the bank amount bigger.

10k per lv is too low..

and we need stuff that can be buy in game cash

14 years ago  #9
Level 29

Originally posted by DEmperor i think you should make the bank amount bigger.

10k per lv is too low..

and we need stuff that can be buy in game cash

That's a discussion that has been had already. I think the numbers are pretty fair, especially if we want to cut down on hoarding. And while there could be more things to buy, you can't say that there's nothing to buy with cash?

14 years ago  #10
Level 2
Prison: New Jersey
Incarcerated: 14 years, 7 months

I am looking forward for the gang features. Having some troubles with some members, need a gang to teach them a lesson! hehehe!

Quick Reply

You are unable to reply to this thread