Item Title

Item Description

Bootleg Bin FAQ

13 years ago  #41
Level 29
Gang: Evil Empire
Prison: Louisiana
Incarcerated: 15 years, 2 months

Originally posted by JimmyTheButcher 3% on each dvd? i think u got a bug there mu... i get 2 dvds taken in the last 24 hours. that's one hell of a unlucky 3%...im not very good at math but i know wen i was raiding it was 7% to take an amen, and it didnt happen as often... unless u have a raid team of 10. so maybe check on that. it's is def alot higher than 3%

Would you like to personally review the code? Think logically for a second. How often do you actually break into a cell? Now, take that percentage and figure in that only 7% of those times (it's not really a flat 7 anyway) you'll actually get an amenity. Doesn't it seem obvious that since you will likely add/remove DVDs a LOT more than you'd actually break into a cell that you'd experience the semi-rare event more?

The chances of something happening goes up the more you do something, it's common sense.

*edut* you've got 4 dvds in your cell at the time of writing this post, that means the chances of a confiscation just hit 12% if you load them all up at once.

Last edited by Mufasa 13 years ago

13 years ago  #42
Level 18
Prison: South Dakota
Incarcerated: 13 years, 4 months

it takes some of us lower lvls forever to get the dvds getting taken from us just to go to high levels that dont need em - now i gotta spend more money to get it back. u just making money - i understand. vicious cycle. and i mean this in no disrespect but can u just tell us u made the new rule cuz u want more money or u were just bored?

13 years ago  #43
Level 29

Originally posted by JimmyTheButcher it takes some of us lower lvls forever to get the dvds getting taken from us just to go to high levels that dont need em - now i gotta spend more money to get it back. u just making money - i understand. vicious cycle. and i mean this in no disrespect but can u just tell us u made the new rule cuz u want more money or u were just bored?

So now we've gone from the math being wrong back to us just wanting to make money. I'm not even going to dignify this shit with a fucking response. I'm tired of answering the same questions, believe what you want and play the game or don't.

13 years ago  #44
Level 17

Originally posted by Mufasa
Originally posted by JimmyTheButcher 3% on each dvd? i think u got a bug there mu... i get 2 dvds taken in the last 24 hours. that's one hell of a unlucky 3%...im not very good at math but i know wen i was raiding it was 7% to take an amen, and it didnt happen as often... unless u have a raid team of 10. so maybe check on that. it's is def alot higher than 3%

Would you like to personally review the code? Think logically for a second. How often do you actually break into a cell? Now, take that percentage and figure in that only 7% of those times (it's not really a flat 7 anyway) you'll actually get an amenity. Doesn't it seem obvious that since you will likely add/remove DVDs a LOT more than you'd actually break into a cell that you'd experience the semi-rare event more?

The chances of something happening goes up the more you do something, it's common sense.

*edut* you've got 4 dvds in your cell at the time of writing this post, that means the chances of a confiscation just hit 12% if you load them all up at once.

Oh hell it's a stacking 3%. I think that's where people were confused Mu.

13 years ago  #45
Level 29

It's 3% when you pop in a DVD right? So if you pop in 5 DVDs you take a 3% chance EVERY time, which means over the course of popping them all in, you've now taken a 15% chance.

When switching cell presets, you should only ever have 1 DVD taken max, but if you've got 10 DVDs in that cell, you're taking a 3% chance on every one of those DVDs, so that's a 30% chance.

Lastly, it's getting really annoying having to argue with people over whether or not we're making changes solely to make money. First of all, this game needs to pay for itself and obviously we want to make money. We have functionality in the game that does make us money. We're happy with it. It stands though that this game is mostly free to play for most, and just because we introduce something you don't like, it doesn't mean we're just grabbing for money.

Let's face it though, if we introduce something to make us money (oh you know, like new amenities, cell upgrades, that whole chestnut?) we'd be perfectly within our right to do so and wouldn't feel ashamed of it one bit.

Primarily though, we (usually) enjoy just flexing our creative muscle and designing new shit (features, games, leah loves her avatar drawing etc). Working on PBlock is a good creative outlet for us amidst the other mundane stuff we do on a daily basis. Don't make us hate it.

Last edited by Mufasa 13 years ago

13 years ago  #46
Level 30
Gang: Familia
Incarcerated: 14 years, 2 months

05/12/2011 1:30pmAstroBoy took your copy of Leprechaun In Da Hood from The Warden's bootleg bin!

05/12/2011 1:30pmAstroBoy took your copy of Iron Man 2 - IMAX from The Warden's bootleg bin!

05/12/2011 1:29pmThe Warden busted you popping in a bootleg DVD! He confiscated Iron Man 2 - IMAX and threw it into his bootleg bin. You've been sent to isolation for 31 minutes!

05/12/2011 1:29pmThe Warden busted you popping in a bootleg DVD! He confiscated it and threw you in isolation for 3 minutes!

2 taken at same time... and still showing that they are in my cell?

I guess when I refresh it will prob be gone.. anyone else have this?

13 years ago  #47
Level 34
Gang: The Black Hand
Incarcerated: 13 years, 8 months

Originally posted by Mufasa It's 3% when you pop in a DVD right? So if you pop in 5 DVDs you take a 3% chance EVERY time, which means over the course of popping them all in, you've now taken a 15% chance.

When switching cell presets, you should only ever have 1 DVD taken max, but if you've got 10 DVDs in that cell, you're taking a 3% chance on every one of those DVDs, so that's a 30% chance.

Lastly, it's getting really annoying having to argue with people over whether or not we're making changes solely to make money. First of all, this game needs to pay for itself and obviously we want to make money. We have functionality in the game that does make us money. We're happy with it. It stands though that this game is mostly free to play for most, and just because we introduce something you don't like, it doesn't mean we're just grabbing for money.

Let's face it though, if we introduce something to make us money (oh you know, like new amenities, cell upgrades, that whole chestnut?) we'd be perfectly within our right to do so and wouldn't feel ashamed of it one bit.

Primarily though, we (usually) enjoy just flexing our creative muscle and designing new shit (features, games, leah loves her avatar drawing etc). Working on PBlock is a good creative outlet for us amidst the other mundane stuff we do on a daily basis. Don't make us hate it.

Just a yes or no would be nice, this is in no way meant to argue.... you say if u pop 10 dvds in with a preset cell there would become a 30% chance...so would that mean if we had a cell with 30 DVDs in it (we prolly have that with 110 spaces max) i will have a 90% chance of losing a dvd?

13 years ago  #48
Level 17

Originally posted by Mufasa It's 3% when you pop in a DVD right? So if you pop in 5 DVDs you take a 3% chance EVERY time, which means over the course of popping them all in, you've now taken a 15% chance.

Well Mu, I guess the question is, does the % stack if you pop in DVD's one at a time? If it does then that's fine, that's how it is. However, if it doesn't then there is a bit of an imbalance. I'm not griping here, just pointing out. Why would the% stack if you load a cell with a preset but not if you put them in one at a time (if that is indeed the case). If the % doesn't stack with a one at a time deal then that should mean that the chance should be a static 3%.

I could be way out in left field with the intention of this and sorry if I am. I'm just noticing a possible discrepancy.

13 years ago  #49
Level 30
Gang: Familia
Incarcerated: 14 years, 2 months

Looks like it Spin, sounds great

and when I refreshed the DVDs were gone.. as I thought.

13 years ago  #50
Level 34
Gang: The Black Hand
Incarcerated: 13 years, 8 months

Originally posted by Auminer

Well Mu, I guess the question is, does the % stack if you pop in DVD's one at a time? If it does then that's fine, that's how it is. However, if it doesn't then there is a bit of an imbalance. I'm not griping here, just pointing out. Why would the% stack if you load a cell with a preset but not if you put them in one at a time (if that is indeed the case). If the % doesn't stack with a one at a time deal then that should mean that the chance should be a static 3%.

I could be way out in left field with the intention of this and sorry if I am. I'm just noticing a possible discrepancy.

if u repeat that 3% over and over tho i think technically that is stacking % just like when u load a preset...could b wrong. either way im out of the thread, carry on.

unless that percentage reset with every refresh ur cell does in which case it would be a little off kilter.

Last edited by Spinelli 13 years ago

Quick Reply

You are unable to reply to this thread