Item Title

Item Description

Bootleg Bin FAQ

13 years ago  #1
Level 29
Gang: Evil Empire
Prison: Louisiana
Incarcerated: 15 years, 2 months

There seems to be a LOT of discussion and confusion on this, so here goes...

What is the bootleg bin?

When the Warden busts you popping in a Bootleg DVD (3% chance per DVD), it will go into the bootleg bin for 5 minutes IF it is not protected.

Why 100 Favors?

The confiscation of a DVD is an annoyance, but losing it is a big slap in the face. We wanted to add the risk of theft without making it a guaranteed affair. So we chose 100 favors as we knew few people would want to risk it. Think of it as a REALLY expensive lottery ticket.

Why only 5 minutes?

Again, we don't want it to basically become a confiscated DVD marketplace, so there's a 5 minute window where the owners of confiscated unprotected DVDs will sweat to the oldies until they see they're in the clear. After that, it's just a matter of waiting for it to return.

Who can buy my DVD?

Anyone, in any prison, who visits the warden can dig in the bin.

Can I buy my own DVD from the bin?

Yes, you may very well randomly pick up your own DVD from the bin. It will still be protected as well.

Will I be notified if someone buys my DVD?

Yes, you will get an event if someone grabs your DVD for the bin. You can begin mourning.

Do I get my amenity back?

Yes, if the amenity is not bought within 5 minutes of confiscation or it is protected, you get your amenity back after a random period as usual. (Note: the period is, and always has been between 2 and 50 hours).

How do I get protected DVDs?

Buying DIRECT from Joe (not mugging) from here on out will result in a protected DVD. DVDs bought from the bin are also considered protected. Once we allow selling in the open market for favors, all amenities sold for favors (and meeting certain requirements not yet finalized) will be protected upon sale.

Do my amenities remain protected if I resell them?

Notwithstanding what was said above regarding selling for favors in the future, if you sell an amenity on the market it will become unprotected. This is true for ALL amenities.

But... But... I just paid XYZ $XX through PayPal for that DVD!

Yeah, sucks, but the transactions made with other players outside the game aren't really our concern. They're always done at your own risk.

Why do you hate us?

Dunno, baby we were born this way.

Last edited by Mufasa 13 years ago

13 years ago  #2
Level 34
Gang: The V_GUNs
Prison: South Dakota
Incarcerated: 14 years, 5 months

Thanks for the explanation

13 years ago  #3
Banned
Prison: Putnam
Incarcerated: 14 years, 1 month

Thanks for the info Mufasa

05/23/2011 1:46pm IZEEKIO attacked you! You won and hospitalized him for 69 minutes! Click here to see the whole battle.
13 years ago  #4
Level 14
Incarcerated: 13 years, 8 months

Originally posted by Mufasa

Why do you hate us?

Dunno, baby we were born this way.

one question where is it?

nevermind i found it

Last edited by BrockSTAR 13 years ago

13 years ago  #5
Level 17
Incarcerated: 13 years, 4 months

My question is if I am in AZ does my confiscated bootleg go to SD? I know there is a chance to get your own DVD back if you buyout of iso and pay 100 favors at Joe. But you could only do that if your in SD. Just curious.

13 years ago  #6
Level 29
Gang: Evil Empire
Prison: Louisiana
Incarcerated: 15 years, 2 months

yes. Iw ill add that to the FAQ as well.

13 years ago  #7
Level 32
Incarcerated: 13 years, 6 months

Buying DIRECT from Joe (not mugging) from here on out will result in a protected DVD. DVDs bought from the bin are also considered protected. Once we allow selling in the open market for favors, all amenities sold for favors (and meeting certain requirements not yet finalized) will be protected upon sale.

myte be dumb me asking this if so im sorry but does this mean ur making a way for us 2 get our dvd's protected with the use of favors?? i think thats a great idea if i got it right if im wrong then im sorry for asking a stupid question

13 years ago  #8
Level 6
Prison: San Quentin
Incarcerated: 13 years, 7 months

wat do i suppose to do

13 years ago  #9
Banned
Incarcerated: 14 years, 1 month

[OFF TOPIC] Mu my thread post wasn't to bash you. Or start a thread that ended up in a inmate bashing you. I however did not really recognize that I was at risk with getting my DVDs confiscated when switching out preset cells. I now realize that, I also understand my thread was clearly posted in the wrong section, as I wasn't trying to point out a BUG but rather raising concern if it in fact was a BUG of some sort? I also wanted to post it in direct question to you, and also allowing other players to see for themselves to put caution when they switch out preset cells. I see now its just another way you and you team have spiced up the game, checks and balances I respect it. But thank you for the feed back and clearing all this up!

13 years ago  #10
Level 14
Incarcerated: 13 years, 6 months

Sorry to ask this now, i've read all the threads and posts regarding this topic , but im still confused to one thing i may have read over or just missed. Im just looking for a yes/no answer to save time. Since the Bootleg Bin is not in Az , if i lose a DVD from switching here , does that mean it will be available in SD, or are Arizonians exempt from this >?

Quick Reply

You are unable to reply to this thread