Level 9
Prison: Putnam
Incarcerated: 14 years, 5 months

true

14 years ago  #12
Banned
Prison: South Dakota
Incarcerated: 14 years, 4 months

well lets look at this theres alot of people that dont like to read, a game i played called pandemic 2 a stupid but time killing game has a youtube walk through could think about that

14 years ago  #13
Level 15
Incarcerated: 15 years, 4 months

O player chat would help...lets say a chat is made that opens in a new window so we can chat with each other.May have beggars and such too but hey we can answer questions when they ask.official gangs and such would add a small boost in some newer players wanting to progress.I know this idea has floated around to.Chat box,gangs with armories,leaders and co leaders to coach them as they ask....ehhh just an idea

14 years ago  #14
Level 9

hell id be down with making a video youtube walkthrough

14 years ago  #15
Banned
Incarcerated: 14 years, 4 months

and because mufasa never likes my ideas time to count down to the hate

14 years ago  #16
Level 9

ehh we will see

14 years ago  #17
Level 19
Gang: Flying Squirrels
Prison: Louisiana
Incarcerated: 14 years, 9 months

Let's present the new players with the prison exploration screen. Fresh players will have access to nothing but this exploration screen. You could include clickable locations cleverly disguised as tutorial objectives.

New players are stuck on this screen until they complete a series of clearly laid out objectives within the area.

In order for this to work, we must first examine what new players need to do.

EXPERIENCE GAIN:

- Learn how training works

- Learn how fighting, mugging, etc, how negative inmate interaction works

MONEY/FAVOR GAIN:

- How to get a profession

- How voting works, and why to not abuse it (just because that needs to be tossed in)

- General use of the noticeboard while we're here

WHAT CAN I BUY?

- The marketplace

- Cell upgrades via favors

- Cell upgrades through the marketplace

COMMUNITY

- The forums: etiquette, and how to not get your ass beat for stupidity

OTHER:

- The hit list, and a whole boatload of stuff, I'm sure, this is just a rough draft.

So now that we know what we need the noobs to learn, we give them a way to learn it!

We cleverly disguise these tutorials within this explorable area. Examples:

- Click on a gym set, get presented with a screen explaining the basics of the training system, how it helps you level up and gain stats, stat recharging, etc.

- Click on a prisoner within a group of inmates to initiate a mock fight, mugging, etc.

- Click on a cell to discover cell raiding (not sure if fresh members need to learn this, but it's a possibility)

- Click on a janitor to learn about professions and how you can make some money once you've got the approriate stats. Possibly add a new profession that pays very, very little, just so fresh players can get a profession and feel some form of advancement at this point.

- Have a noticeboard or something to cover voting, community, and a couple other miscellanous.

While thinking of this, another thought occurred to me: Instead of a prison area, new inmates could be presented with the Fresh Meat Noticeboard that includes all of these things. This creates less need for open space art, it's a bit easier to organize, but less fun for the eyes.

Blood. Blood everywhere. Everywhere, blood.
14 years ago  #18
Level 18
Incarcerated: 14 years, 3 months

Amazing Tommy

Now how hard would something like that be to input? Because you covered everything someone would need to know

FEAR THE EYE!!!!!  X_o
14 years ago  #19
Level 19
Gang: Flying Squirrels
Prison: Louisiana
Incarcerated: 14 years, 9 months

Originally posted by RuffNite Amazing Tommy 

Now how hard would something like that be to input? Because you covered everything someone would need to know

My guess: not too hard. We'd be, essentially, placing new players in a newly created prison with limited features intended for fresh players.

Last edited by kingtommy 14 years ago

Blood. Blood everywhere. Everywhere, blood.
14 years ago  #20
Level 18
Incarcerated: 14 years, 3 months

You should make Whiskey the Fresh Meat instructor lmao

I like the ideas, youve obviously been thinking this out for a bit

FEAR THE EYE!!!!!  X_o

Quick Reply

You are unable to reply to this thread