Item Title

Item Description

How can we help the n00bs?

14 years ago  #21
Level 18
Prison: South Dakota
Incarcerated: 14 years, 8 months

It sounds good, but at the same time there could be some noobies out there put off by it (even though it's explaning the damn basics they don't seem to understand otherwise.

I don't think stamina is emphasised enough though, still a good load of noobs that ignore that fact (I know I did for longer than I wish I had)...

I think tommy's nailed it, however with the youtube tutorial, script it good enough as you go through it all, and it could bring in extra players alone via youtube, free advertisment, etc...

Script it with a trio or so of inmates....hispanic, white supremist, black & have them fire off on each other....not over the top, slightly politically correct, or youtube could boot it...in that case host the not so politically correct video on the site here....

*shrugs*

This is a perfect example for a loooooong checklist of questions before posting on the foums....

Maybe a few links on the checklist to appropriate hot topics, capcha boxes where they have to find xx words on the paragraph about a certain thing, rather than the fourth word of the fifth line....

Last edited by T3hD4ve 14 years ago

14 years ago  #22
Level 7
Prison: Putnam
Incarcerated: 14 years, 25 days

I did just start this game and it was not hard to get up to speed on, but maybe there should be a toturial where you get some kinda reward so the peeps that needs the help gets it + a little something extra

14 years ago  #23
Level 19
Incarcerated: 14 years, 8 months

I think chained/linked objectives with rewards would help players learn faster and better, rather than once in a lifetime pop ups that he might probably just find boring and click away... unless you make them particularly visually appealing with short texts and a bunch of visuals. Because let's face it, the player who doesn't read tutorials is generally a player who is looking for a quick, easy and intuitive game, is probably put away quite easily by a wall of text, but most importantly, he has no patience and wants to see action/rewards now.

Most frequently asked questions I get are #1: How do I gain money? Or, "What's the fastest/easiest way of gaining money?" And #2: How do I lvl up? Or, "What's the fastest way to lvl up?" I think this says a lot about people.

Almost every strategy browser games give rewards once you complete tasks within the tutorial; that alone should be enough to incite players to do them.

Not sure if this is what you meant by "a series of clearly laid out objectives within the area" Tommy but... a linked objective example: Maybe if the first thing players see after they create their account is a faint, blurred background, the warden or a shady character pops up with a bubble saying something like "Psst, I've you want to survive... bla bla bla... come see me once you're finished". They have to find a chocolate bar from searching the yard for example and give it to that character. He'd then explain what energy does (short text with visuals), gives him 2 or 3 bars, and then directs him to the gym. Stamina wears down, that dude (unsuspectingly) pops up again, tips about stamina, gives the player water, explains about fighting, mock fight like Tommy suggested, and so on.

Last edited by ThyWhiskyMan 14 years ago

14 years ago  #24
Level 9
Incarcerated: 14 years, 1 month

ya i agree with every one here

want some moneyhere u get 1000 each time u click on it stash   
14 years ago  #25
Level 15
Incarcerated: 14 years, 2 months

Mufasa tellem to message me, i can instruct them, if i get a little payment ^^ 

14 years ago  #26
Level 4
Prison: New Jersey
Incarcerated: 14 years, 22 days

lool it aint that hard to read the tutorial :P

14 years ago  #27
Level 29
Gang: Evil Empire
Prison: Louisiana
Incarcerated: 15 years, 2 months

I think the idea of an inmate orientation works well

14 years ago  #28
Level 10
Incarcerated: 14 years, 3 months

What i think it is that new players prefer to ask expierienced players for tips and TuTs in a informal way from other players, thus making them feel more comfertable and make them know there not doing anything wrong.

really i think there should be a new forum called "new to prison block" where they are more likely to post and ask questions.

with that the expeirienced players can guide and teach others through that forum.

also you should make it so they can only post in that forum until they get to level 2.

people tend to go towards the social approach rather than instructional.

14 years ago  #29
Banned
Incarcerated: 14 years, 3 months

we need to hear frm some noobz

if it ain't OG i'm not smokin [color=#caff00]crazy4soups[/color] Level: 6 Cash: $1.99 Million Favors: 54
14 years ago  #30
Level 15
Incarcerated: 14 years, 2 months

I personally started asking qestions at lvl 3 and i asked all from like 15lvl+ players, and its good cause, i have maked alot of friends that way. Just randomly asked like all the high lvls some help.

Quick Reply

You are unable to reply to this thread