Item Title

Item Description

How can we help the n00bs?

14 years ago  #31
Banned
Prison: South Dakota
Incarcerated: 14 years, 4 months

Not a noob but perhaps a welcome kit if you will. When they sign on for the first time a basic overview pops up. they must scroll through the whole thing before being allowed to hit next. Once they hit next a 5 question quiz pops up. The must get all right in order to proceed into the game. fail it and you must read the introduction again. Also perhaps a package say 10k 10 ed and 10 water is awarded to the member upon completion of the introduction. this may help cut down the initial begging a bit.....................just a thought i wanted to throw out here.............what you think mufasa

Now Forming D-BLOCK.       Looking for members to fill all positions. This gang will be respectful, Serious, and active. I have caused alot of shit on this game and realized it just doesnt get you anywhere.  Send me an email to talk about a position
14 years ago  #32
Level 15
Incarcerated: 14 years, 2 months

So my thought is that new players under lvl 3 or 4 shouldn't be able to create threads, cause they usually full of shit that takes everyones time and yours mufasa

14 years ago  #33
Level 15

Originally posted by derrda Not a noob but perhaps a welcome kit if you will. When they sign on for the first time a basic overview pops up. they must scroll through the whole thing before being allowed to hit next. Once they hit next a 5 question quiz pops up. The must get all right in order to proceed into the game. fail it and you must read the introduction again. Also perhaps a package say 10k 10 ed and 10 water is awarded to the member upon completion of the introduction. this may help cut down the initial begging a bit.....................just a thought i wanted to throw out here.............what you think mufasa

i think it sounds good, and some little things added to that would be good for dem new players

14 years ago  #34
Banned

not sure why i started out with not a noob. disregaurd that part

Now Forming D-BLOCK.       Looking for members to fill all positions. This gang will be respectful, Serious, and active. I have caused alot of shit on this game and realized it just doesnt get you anywhere.  Send me an email to talk about a position
14 years ago  #35
Level 19
Gang: Flying Squirrels
Prison: Louisiana
Incarcerated: 14 years, 9 months

I dislike the idea of a quiz. People don't hop on browser games to take tests, they do/did enough of that in school.

A more attention-grabbing approach would be to simply reward the players for doing things right. Let's say we go with the Fresh Meat prison idea. New players explore this prison, complete these tasks, and are rewarded for doing so. And in the process, they get their learn on.

For example: We teach them about the market. We can use the "starter kit" idea suggested by derrda, but in a slightly different manner. We have some instructor NPC give the new guy $5k or so, and say, "Go to the market and buy me some chocolate bars. You can keep the change" And here we've jsut taught players how to use money, they get to see the market in action, plus they got a reward for doing so.

Blood. Blood everywhere. Everywhere, blood.
14 years ago  #36
Banned

Nice Idea king

14 years ago  #37
Level 15

Originally posted by kingtommy I dislike the idea of a quiz. People don't hop on browser games to take tests, they do/did enough of that in school.

A more attention-grabbing approach would be to simply reward the players for doing things right. Let's say we go with the Fresh Meat prison idea. New players explore this prison, complete these tasks, and are rewarded for doing so. And in the process, they get their learn on.

For example: We teach them about the market. We can use the "starter kit" idea suggested by derrda, but in a slightly different manner. We have some instructor NPC give the new guy $5k or so, and say, "Go to the market and buy me some chocolate bars. You can keep the change" And here we've jsut taught players how to use money, they get to see the market in action, plus they got a reward for doing so.

That sounds awesome, and also in the part what you said like, some NPC saying '' go buy me chololate bars, and keep the change'' , and when they buy the chololate bar, and they could return the chokolate bar to the NPC, and for example the NPC would tell how to use them, like for example '' You can use chokolate bars to gain your Energy back, so you can train more, in a shorter time '' and so on..

same thing with waters and all the items.

And the NPC would be like a guy stadining next to the gym or any place, like the guy who sells Bootleg DVD's At Arizona for example.

And in the welcome message that new players recive, the would be a HINT that says something like '' Look around the prison and get to know to the places, and look for NPC's standing around the prison, they will give you valuable information about the game, and get you started ''

14 years ago  #38
Level 15

Sounds good ? 

14 years ago  #39
Level 11
Gang: NOTORIOUS
Prison: Arizona
Incarcerated: 14 years, 8 months

how about a list of regulars willing to help noobs in the orientation forum?  i was helped as a noob and try to help any that ask me.

14 years ago  #40
Level 15

Originally posted by cryhavoc how about a list of regulars willing to help noobs in the orientation forum?  i was helped as a noob and try to help any that ask me.

I could be one of them 

Quick Reply

You are unable to reply to this thread