Item Title

Item Description

Notice - Player personal information

12 years ago  #21
Level 6
Prison: Louisiana
Incarcerated: 12 years, 2 months

Originally posted by KROWNVIC If something was already in the forums and I repeat something that someone else said I don't think I should be banned. When I fight with someone I do use older material against them...like a time when two people were friends and they were no longer, friends and one of them post some pm's that they had with personal stuff in it, is that considered bannable? I only repeating what that person knowingly told some one else?...

Yes, you should not do this. If you post other player's personal info you may be banned. You should not post personal information about other players, regardless of how you got it.

Originally posted by halfbaked i guess the one thing i really dont understand for this.. is how are you being so strict with it but yet you have this site linked with social media sites such as twitter and facebook.. it makes it easy to find and pull peoples info. i think you should do away with the facebook and twitter stuff if you want to enforce rules like this..(just a suggestion) or just leave it up to the players to protect their info and privacy. i mean you guys basically link us to the info then say if you use it your banned.. makes little sense.

Linking PrisonBlock to your Facebook is up to you. It's not a requirement to play.

Following PrisonBlock on Twitter is useful and convenient, but also up to you. You don't have to follow it with your "real" Twitter or with any Twitter.

This is information you volunteer yourself. It isn't the right of other people to post that same information, especially if it was not volunteered.

Linking your FB to your PB doesn't actually generate a FB link that is visible to other PB users. You can see that in every player profile, there is a section to volunteer such information such as Facebook, Myspace, etc. Most people use this to post short sayings, threats, or jokes, and don't provide that information, and that is totally fine. Divulging your own information to others is strictly voluntary. Having someone else give out that information is not, and not fair if you do not want that information shared.

12 years ago  #22
Level 39
Gang: The Revolution
Prison: South Dakota
Incarcerated: 14 years, 3 months

this all applies for the threads, shoutbox, profiles, and player to player mail? correct?

Last edited by Sun_Tzu 12 years ago

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." ~ Plato
12 years ago  #23
Level 29
Gang: THE UNION
Incarcerated: 13 years, 3 months

also what about private messages? also what if im talkin to a friend call them by their real name because i talk to them off this website.. would i get banned for that?

12 years ago  #24
Level 14
Incarcerated: 12 years, 11 months

Originally posted by halfbaked also what about private messages? also what if im talkin to a friend call them by their real name because i talk to them off this website.. would i get banned for that?

You aint gona get banned for using someone's real name in a private message... because its private! No one else can see your messages. If you then posted a copy of your messages on the forums showing their name you would. Common sense dude!

12 years ago  #25
Level 39
Gang: The Revolution
Incarcerated: 14 years, 3 months

Originally posted by Death_Hand_Luke
Originally posted by halfbaked also what about private messages? also what if im talkin to a friend call them by their real name because i talk to them off this website.. would i get banned for that?

You aint gona get banned for using someone's real name in a private message... because its private! No one else can see your messages. If you then posted a copy of your messages on the forums showing their name you would. Common sense dude!

but what if someone mails me saying xxxxx lives here and this is their number that i found and other info about someone else...i think it would be fine having convo with someone and you exchange the info with that person

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." ~ Plato
12 years ago  #26
Level 29

i was askin if youd get banned for exchanging info in private message.. the name thing was for lets say i call cutie by her name in the sb seeing as shes a friend.. would i get banned for that?. and DHL i dont need your dumbass comments that you post on everywhere on these threads.. ajja said ask the staff questions here so thats what im doing ya fuck. doh! common sense?

12 years ago  #27
Level 6

Originally posted by Howie429 this all applies for the threads, shoutbox, profiles, and player to player mail? correct?

Yes,

but what is your motivation for asking in this way? If the follow up is about to be: but you didn't ban so-and-so for saying X, it's because it's very difficult for staff to monitor every single individual thread. So if you see an infraction, please report as fast as possible so staff can address the issue.

Again, this is only about posting for others. If you want to volunteer your own information in your own profile it is your business.

Originally posted by halfbaked also what if im talkin to a friend call them by their real name because i talk to them off this website.. would i get banned for that?

It seems like your motivation for asking is to locate some kind of loophole. But if you think that would be in question, it wouldn't hurt your experience to not do this and to stick to using your friend's handle.

12 years ago  #28
Level 29

im just tryin to make sure i know what i can and cant do.. i do call some people on here by their first names.. last thing i need to do is get isod for it because some admin sees me do it

12 years ago  #29
Level 6

Originally posted by Howie429 but what if someone mails me saying xxxxx lives here and this is their number

Yes, that right there is the kind of private info that should not be shared. If a person volunteers that about themselves, that's different.

12 years ago  #30
Level 14
Incarcerated: 12 years, 11 months

Originally posted by halfbaked

i was askin if youd get banned for exchanging info in private message.. the name thing was for lets say i call cutie by her name in the sb seeing as shes a friend.. would i get banned for that?. and DHL i dont need your dumbass comments that you post on everywhere on these threads.. ajja said ask the staff questions here so thats what im doing ya fuck. doh! common sense?

Dumbass comments? Speak for yourself mate. Don't know why you find this rule so hard to comprehend.

Quick Reply

You are unable to reply to this thread