Item Title

Item Description

Notice - Player personal information

11 years ago  #11
Level 39
Gang: The Revolution
Prison: South Dakota
Incarcerated: 14 years, 3 months

is city, state or country considered personal information?

not in a mean or hurtful way just saying it to show why they may have the views they have

like if im arguing sports with someone and i say xxxx is from boston and he wants the patriots to win while im saying i hate the patriots

or xxxx is from england, cali, florida while arguing politics or something else

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." ~ Plato
11 years ago  #12
Level 28
Incarcerated: 12 years, 11 months

http://www.prisonblock.com/forums/ericpome93-real-facts-t33472-post606088.html#post606088

Why is this even still being talked about? Why did shoez get unbanned?

11 years ago  #13
Level 8
Prison: Louisiana
Incarcerated: 14 years, 8 months

Originally posted by Howie429 is city, state or country considered personal information?

not in a mean or hurtful way just saying it to show why they may have the views they have

like if im arguing sports with someone and i say xxxx is from boston and he wants the patriots to win while im saying i hate the patriots

or xxxx is from england, cali, florida while arguing politics or something else

State is probably ok. The point of this rule is so someone can't go rolling up to someone's house and punch them in the face. We don't want Prisonblock conflicts to escalate into real life ones. Can you find someone realistically in the United States from a picture, or a first name? Probably not. But an address? Yes, a full name? Yes.

All we are asking is for player's to use common sense and just respect people's privacy. It's not so much about people getting offended, but we don't want people to feel horribly unsafe playing what should be a fun game.

Last edited by SangriaX 11 years ago

11 years ago  #14
Level 14

Originally posted by RR123 question: me and someone are in an argument and i call them gay or retard or lala's new one... returd, would this get me banned as personal information?

Jesus do you have no common sense or what? This shit isn't difficult to work out.

11 years ago  #15
Level 21
Incarcerated: 12 years, 9 months

Originally posted by Death_Hand_Luke
Originally posted by RR123 question: me and someone are in an argument and i call them gay or retard or lala's new one... returd, would this get me banned as personal information?

Jesus do you have no common sense or what? This shit isn't difficult to work out.

genuine question.... what is classed as personal information?

11 years ago  #16
Level 14

Originally posted by RR123
Originally posted by Death_Hand_Luke

genuine question.... what is classed as personal information?

Use your brain... someone's country, shoe size, hair colour or favorite football team is OK. Someone's real name, address, family details or phone number/email address is NOT.

11 years ago  #17
Level 26
Gang: Victory
Incarcerated: 13 years, 10 months

If something was already in the forums and I repeat something that someone else said I don't think I should be banned. When I fight with someone I do use older material against them...like a time when two people were friends and they were no longer, friends and one of them post some pm's that they had with personal stuff in it, is that considered bannable? I only repeating what that person knowingly told some one else?...

] You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those that can do nothing for him!
11 years ago  #18
Level 29
Gang: THE UNION
Incarcerated: 13 years, 3 months

i guess the one thing i really dont understand for this.. is how are you being so strict with it but yet you have this site linked with social media sites such as twitter and facebook.. it makes it easy to find and pull peoples info. i think you should do away with the facebook and twitter stuff if you want to enforce rules like this..(just a suggestion) or just leave it up to the players to protect their info and privacy. i mean you guys basically link us to the info then say if you use it your banned.. makes little sense

11 years ago  #19
Level 14

Originally posted by halfbaked i guess the one thing i really dont understand for this.. is how are you being so strict with it but yet you have this site linked with social media sites such as twitter and facebook.. it makes it easy to find and pull peoples info. i think you should do away with the facebook and twitter stuff if you want to enforce rules like this..(just a suggestion) or just leave it up to the players to protect their info and privacy. i mean you guys basically link us to the info then say if you use it your banned.. makes little sense

The way I see it is that if you use FB or twitter then you are WILLINGLY sharing your info to the public so to speak. If you use those sites and link them to PB you can't complain about info on those sites being public.

But if people dig up info that you haven't shared about yourself or use your FB or twitter to find other details that aren't public (such as your address or something) then that is against the rules.

11 years ago  #20
Level 8
Prison: Louisiana
Incarcerated: 14 years, 8 months

Originally posted by halfbaked i guess the one thing i really dont understand for this.. is how are you being so strict with it but yet you have this site linked with social media sites such as twitter and facebook.. it makes it easy to find and pull peoples info. i think you should do away with the facebook and twitter stuff if you want to enforce rules like this..(just a suggestion) or just leave it up to the players to protect their info and privacy. i mean you guys basically link us to the info then say if you use it your banned.. makes little sense

When you link your facebook to prisonblock, unless you post it on your profile, your twitter and facebook aren't visible to other players. So if you want other players to find your info, have at it.

This is the rule, its not going to change. It may not have been strictly enforced before, but we weren't aware that people lacked so much common sense.

Deal with it or leave.

Last edited by SangriaX 11 years ago

Quick Reply

You are unable to reply to this thread