Item Title

Item Description

Upcoming changes you may want to know about

14 years ago  #1
Level 29
Gang: Evil Empire
Prison: Louisiana
Incarcerated: 15 years, 2 months

Since I get so many messages (here and on AIM and Email) every day about what's coming, I figured I'd make a post here about it so that I can answer it once. Keep in mind my priority list may change around so don't think that things will happen in the order listed here. Also, these are things that are ACTIVELY being worked on, so other, planned changes may not be listed.

• Gangs: Yes. These are coming. The basework is all there, but you guys have to remember there's a LOT that goes into this from site structure to the mechanics of how it all works (experience, leveling, gang wars, activities, crimes etc). There are a lot of little pieces that need to be built to form the main unit. You can call gangs voltron. I'd hoped for xmas, but don't hold your breath on that one.
  • Mail: Tommy can tell ya, I hate the mail system. So there is an active plan to revamp the mail system to not only be more streamlined, but to include features like reporting and blocking (which I know everyone wants for one annoying player or another). Mail is lower on my priority list than gangs, so don't expect to see that before then.
  • New Prison: Some of the guys in AZ are getting way too big for their britches, and we'll have to get a new Prison going to isolate them a bit. Though I don't want to launch a new prison without more people in the lower prisons, so this will likely wait until after things like gangs and some of the other changes on this list have been done (especially because at that point, we'll start driving new traffic to the site).
  • Mugging Change: This will likely come with or right around the launch of gangs since it's a simple enough change to make, it just takes time to get the formula right. In any case, mugging will focus more on defense than speed, which means all you guys that stack speed and strength may want to change tactic at some point.
  • Weapons: We have a change to the weapons system coming that will make the weapons/armor more interesting and dynamic. The change is a bit involved though, so expect that sometime after gangs.
  • HP: We have plans for HP-altering amenities and drugs to combat the issue where people tend to win battles with one-shot kills. We'll be changing the base HP per level, and with the amenities and items, we should see some stronger HP levels to make battles more interesting.
  • Battles: Going with that, we also plan to change the battle limits. Time limits will remain the same, but you'll likely be limited to attacking people within 2 of your level range instead of half. Why? Well, at level 20, you could attack a level 10 player. The formula just doesn't scale well.
There are other minor changes coming as well, but nothing that really affects current gameplay or that we've been nagged about, so I'll give my fingers a rest here.

Peeeace!

14 years ago  #2
Banned
Prison: South Dakota
Incarcerated: 14 years, 7 months

Very useful,took some of my curiousness away though.. Thank you for taking some time for sharing the info.

14 years ago  #3
Banned

Thank you for keeping us informed.

14 years ago  #4
Level 19

Yep,just i think that this with we can attack players who are 2 levels lower/higher is not so good.

Actually....maybe i like it

All i need to do is to level up to level 19 and then nobody cant attack me

14 years ago  #5
Banned

Originally posted by Barbarian Yep,just i think that this with we can attack players who are 2 levels lower/higher is not so good.

Actually,,maybe i like it

All i need to do is to level up to level 19 and then nobody cant attack me

And u'll be put up alone i the new prison mayb. :P

14 years ago  #6
Level 15
Incarcerated: 14 years, 11 months

This was a needed post.

14 years ago  #7
Level 19

Fine to me :P Bigger cell etc.

Some day i will give welcome present to all

14 years ago  #8
Level 16
Incarcerated: 14 years, 6 months

This was what we were all sitting on out seats for. I think you have got whats important and whats not . Id hope now youd get a rest with posts asking when is this gonna start  and when is that gonna happen but i wont hold my breath Mufasa. I cant wait to see some of these changes. Im not sure about one or two of them but hay im willing to give it ago and im sure once they are implemented these can be tweaked a little ie like you did with the yard search. The way i look at is this is the best prison game on the net (My own opinion and ive tried a few but this is the one thats got me hooked) and with all these tweaks it can only get better. When you think about it xmas is only 12 days away.

14 years ago  #9
Banned
Prison: Putnam
Incarcerated: 14 years, 5 months

I thought mugging used speed to counter attacks that are mainly decided by strenght and defence. A speedy player can get attcked but can mug. What advantages will speed have besides deciding who attacks 1st?

14 years ago  #10
Level 9
Prison: Putnam
Incarcerated: 14 years, 6 months

Originally posted by lotan I thought mugging used speed to counter attacks that are mainly decided by strenght and defence. A speedy player can get attcked but can mug. What advantages will speed have besides deciding who attacks 1st?

More speed = most succes of doing crimes.  Thoug i think mugging should still be decided by speed.

Quick Reply

You are unable to reply to this thread