Item Title

Item Description

For Mentors, new players, and established players

12 years ago  #51
Level 10
Prison: Putnam
Incarcerated: 12 years, 10 months

Originally posted by wormdogg10 Dupes make me not want to help anyone. especially the ones who have no life and want to keep coming back to ruin the game for others. Multiple account holders please go away and find something better to do with your time. You all are truly losers. Im just saying

agreed

**Triple D**
12 years ago  #52
Level 32
Prison: South Dakota
Incarcerated: 13 years, 6 months

i get alot off ppl say to me what kind of mentor are you cus for example i get them beat up or i attack or mug some1 or i raid or something gamewise wel let me tell u dumb fuks right now just cus im a mentor dosent mean im not allowed to click the buttons i have available to me im also playing the game i help alot of ppl all the time but dosent mean i have to be well behaved all the time and be miss nice and miss perfect i play the game however i wana play it if i wana mug,hit,hitlist,raid or even set my lower members on you i will do it whether u play the mentor card or not... i do my job as a mentor very fukin well so play the mentor card all u want all ur doing is making it worse for yourself

12 years ago  #53
Level 20
Gang: The Order
Incarcerated: 13 years, 7 months

Originally posted by dayna i get alot off ppl say to me what kind of mentor are you cus for example i get them beat up or i attack or mug some1 or i raid or something gamewise wel let me tell u dumb fuks right now just cus im a mentor dosent mean im not allowed to click the buttons i have available to me im also playing the game i help alot of ppl all the time but dosent mean i have to be well behaved all the time and be miss nice and miss perfect i play the game however i wana play it if i wana mug,hit,hitlist,raid or even set my lower members on you i will do it whether u play the mentor card or not... i do my job as a mentor very fukin well so play the mentor card all u want all ur doing is making it worse for yourself

Agreed

12 years ago  #54
Banned
Prison: San Quentin
Incarcerated: 13 years, 1 month

i agree aswell

12 years ago  #55
Level 28
Incarcerated: 14 years, 1 month

seriously, i'm happy to help or answer questions, but if i get one more "can you be my mentor, or can you help me" mail, i'm going to lose my mind. if you have a question, please, just ask, if you want free shit and you've been here less than a week, mail someone else.

12 years ago  #56
Level 28
Incarcerated: 14 years, 1 month

Originally posted by PsychoSteve I'm not sure how this thread will be received, but I feel like it's been missing.  Following are a few thoughts I've had, and things I've learned as a mentor over the last few weeks.  I hope the other mentors will add their own thoughts in here, and maybe help new players find the person that is a good fit for them.

For New Players

• http://www.prisonblock.com/mentors
  • Mentors volunteer to help new inmates learn the ropes. In exchange for their kindness, please show them respect.

• Ask them for help, but do not leech off of them. Do not beg or demand, they are NOT obligated to help you in ANY way.

• This is not an easy game when you are first starting, but there are a lot of resources all new players should get familiar with, before digging into the game, and especially before mailing and asking another random player for freebies.... http://www.prisonblock.com/tutorial, http://wiki.prisonblock.com/Main_Page, as well as all the stickies in each and every forum.
  • I believe most mentors volunteered because they really did want to help keep new players excited about the game, and keep them coming back, but I'm not sure how many would be willing to send you money, items, or amenities when you've been playing for just a few hours, or even a few days and haven't had time to discover all that Prison Block has to offer.  However, if you've used the resources available to you, I think every one of us would be more than happy to answer any questions you still have.
  • If the others are like me, we don't like to say no, or in more severe cases, ignore your mail all together, so don't be afraid to mail any of us, just try to put a bit of thought into what you want to ask.
For Established Players

• When someone does mail you asking for items or amenities, or creates a thread on the forums asking for items or amenities, it's not really appreciated to tell them to "contact a mentor".  If you want to help out yourself, I think that's great, talk to a mentor and arrange to have items or cash passed on to new players.  We will take care of it for you, but with anywhere between 4 and 40 mails a day, we can't possibly send things to every single person that contacts us, much less the ones that create a thread asking for help. 
  • Mentors may help you send items to another player that you want to help out, but are under no obligation to do so.  We run the same risk as anyone if for some reason you are marked as dupes with that person.
Me personally

• As it says, I've played this game for 1 year, 4 months.  I'm in the same time zone as game time, so depending on my schedule, i'm here off and on from 7am until 9 or 10pm.  I asked to become a mentor as soon as the opportunity was available, I was tired of playing hardcore every day, but I was still online most of the time, and have always enjoyed helping new players and watching as they grow over time.  I still look at everything very closely, so if you have any questions about making money or earning favors, questions about other players, training, raiding, or criming, I think I'm a good person to ask.
Q&A

Q: will you send me xxxxxxx?

A: chances are, if you've been playing less than a week and/or i've never talked to you before, no. 

Q: will you send these items to xxxxxx for me?

A: unless i know you very well, no.  i won't risk getting myself in trouble for anyone.  even for basic items, i'd rather just use my own to avoid the trouble.  i will never send amenities to anyone.

Q: what is the best way to level up quickly?

A: don't be in such a rush.  level won't get you as far in this game as really understanding it will.  if you have to know, mug, but your stats will be awful for your level, and you'll make more enemies along the way than you want.

Q: how can i join a gang?

A: You'll get more invites than you want if you stay active, but take your time and join the right one.  Most good gangs won't recruit until you can at least make it out of New Jersey.  The really good ones won't bother until you can get to Arizona or South Dakota.

Q: Can i join your gang?

A: Definitely no talk to me again in a few months

Q: can you take care of xxxxxx for me?

A: no, i think every single person that's played here has taken their beatings at one time or another.  keep hitting the gym, get stronger than them, and you'll be surprised just how respectful people can be all of a sudden.

Q: can you mentor me?

A: this is the one i get most often, and of course the answer is yes, but i'd prefer if you gave me an actual question.  I do get a lot of mail every day, so playing 20 questions isn't one of my favorite things to do.

In closing, welcome to all the new players.  You have found one of the most in depth games and addictive games on the internet, and you can pretty much abandon all hope, but you're also going to have a lot of fun while you're here, and I do look forward to helping some of you find half as much enjoyment as i've gotten out of Prison Block.

12 years ago  #57
Banned

how do you become a mentor because im very intrested

12 years ago  #58
Level 12
Prison: Arizona
Incarcerated: 13 years, 2 months

u not becoming 1 noob

12 years ago  #59
Banned

ya never no u dont underestimate people thanks

12 years ago  #60
Level 34
Gang: The V_GUNs
Incarcerated: 14 years, 5 months

I am hoping to clarify the sending of items by mentors... by posting a link to where i ask about some points...

http://www.prisonblock.com/forums/Mentors-clarification-thread-t31175.html

I do send items to lower prisons from SD people. I will not do it for people who are on my enemies list... and i don't do it all the time...

I do this not to benefit my friends but to help the noobs who are in lower prisons and it can be hard to get reverse runners... and they often have concerns about getting scammed... and often i am doing it for people who i don't even talk to...

I expect everybody now to send money to the person they are asking me to send to as i am extremely fearful of being tricked and sending to someone's dupe accidently... so i do everything i can to ascertain that they aren't a dupe.

I NEVER take payment as that would be, as mufasa stated... a breach of my powers... i send money back if people give it to me... i do however take chocolates and other items for the noobs funds...

Now... if anything i am doing is wrong... i am sure that staff will come in here and strip me of my mentor status or ban my ass... or perhaps let me know if what i am doing is wrong... and to all the rest of you gossiping bitches... if you got some major concern about what we as mentors are doing... take it up direct with us or with staff ... or how about you just play the game and worry about your own actions....

Quick Reply

You are unable to reply to this thread